Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Backyard Patio Remodel

KevinMP
10 years ago

Slightly off topic, but not really since it's just an extension of my dining room/kitchen areas. Anyhow, months in waiting I was finally able to get my brother around to tackling my backyard. And he did a great job. Now, if I can just get my neighbor to finish her never-ending kitchen remodel...

Before:

After:

\

Comments (17)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Really nice!

Can you explain how you are able to upload more than one pic?

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Really nice, love the lighting and the view from inside.

ML

Tib, if you use a site like Photobucket, you paste the HTML code of each pic in your post. Numerous pictures can be included that way. Photobucket is free.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Thanks maddielee. I"ve been wondering!

• mary_lu_gw
    10 years ago

Looks great! Bet you will use and enjoy it a lot more now!

• chispa
    10 years ago

Looking good! Great idea to suspend the AC condenser and gain the much needed floor space.

• deegw
    10 years ago

I love the new lighting. We had a bunch of landscaping done last year and my favorite part is the lighting.

• kswl2
    10 years ago

He did a nice job on the planter. That ledge looks wide enough to sit on, which will be useful for a party. Great landscaping, too!

• emilymch
    10 years ago

What a cozy looking space! It looks great! BRILLIANT idea to suspend the heat pump! I've never seen that before, but it is perfect for a tiny city townhouse lot. Were the brackets custom made, or are they sold for that purpose? Genius!

• bpath
    10 years ago

It is lovely! The planter and ledge remind me of a council ring, and you will love it. You can set pots or lanterns on it, sit and sip a margarita. Very nice! Is your neighbor on GW?

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I love the planters and lighting. It really does expand your space. Great fence!

• teacats
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!! So classic and elegant!! :)

My favorite part of the new garden is the lighting -- sets a wonderful tone for evening entertaining! :)

Of course -- a VERY simple way to add a "hide-a-way" -- is to add an umbrella to the seating area. :) And it adds a dash of color ....

After our taller photinas died (they formed a hedge along the back of our pool) -- we can now see all kinds of "interesting" views -- so I added a large market-style umbrella to the back of the patio. Very handy! :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Classic indeed. The brick wall is wonderful, and so are the low stone walls/planters. In fact, you've given me some inspiration for a trouble spot in my own outside space and garden.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

It's very nice - cozy. I was glad to see the reappearance of your kitty - after posing in nearly every shot for a long time, she's been missing the past few postings. I was afraid to ask.

Is she allowed out there, or can she just enjoy it from the window?

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Wondeful.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Lovely. I especially love the lighting. I had a friend who lived on Spruce St in Society Hill. Going into her backyard space was like going into a fairyland. Every backyard on the block was done beautifully and many had lighting. At night it was magical, just like yours.

• Laurie
    10 years ago

I like everything you've done. I especially like the new wood fence with the lattice work on top. The caps on top of the posts adds a nice finishing touch, too. Nice job!

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

Well done again Kevin - but that's what we now expect from your transformations. The outdoor lighting adds just the right enhancement to the view from your kitchen.

I'm curious - what is the large tree with the smooth bark? It's in the corner with the new fence and the brick wall. In the before photo you can see some leaves but not enough to identify it. Is that a dwarf magnolia planted in the raised bed? If so - be prepared - mine looked like yours when first planted and it's quickly outgrown it's spot. You may need to sharpen your pruners.