Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Need neutral airy paint for br w/ cream furniture!

Posted by peachypinksunset (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 18:19

Help! We need to find a paint color within the next few days! We have cream vintage bedroom furniture and need a new paint color.
Must be:
1. Benjamin Moore preferred
2. Airy and calming
3. Neutral so I can put a red flannel comforter set to create a lodge feel or pastel comforter for shabby chic feel; basically want to be able to put ANY comforter set with this paint
4. Would like it to Contrast against the cream colored furniture

Thank you!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Need neutral airy paint for br w/ cream furniture!

interlude (AF-135)

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/our-five-favorite-neutrals

o

BM Quiet Moments

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Quiet Moments

o

Take a look at Benj. Moore cornsilk.

o

To pair with the red flannel and lodge feel I would pick a soft olive or mossy green...I'm liking Harbor Town or just underneath Lewiville Green...for a more muted look Grecian Urn or Tree Moss. ...high 400's low 500's on my fan deck...

o

Try Gray Mirage, maybe.

o

Thanks! Any more???

o

BM Dry Sage, a very neutral green which is light and will still allow an airy but cozy look. Be careful if you look it up on Houzz because some of them are clearly not BM Dry Sage, but look to be SW Dry Sage although that is not what the text states.

o

o

Just a reminder to paint sample boards and look at them at at various times of day. I just painted a room with a two story stairwell, and the green I chose was fabulous in the stairway, and knocked me over in the rest of the room. The difference in lighting from one section of the same room to another was a surprise. I am in the middle of re-painting and went with BM China white. After a primer to cover the green! China white is a simple gray. Check those large samples all over! :-)

o

Thx for the tip - i have the boards and will paint them for sure! Thanks!! I forgot to mention, I don't want it to be a specific color, and the only colors I want are either in the gray or taupe family and maybe white/cream family.....not yellow or green etc....and no blue undertones.....that's why I need more suggestions!! HELP!!!

o

Revere pewter

o

BM Jute

o

C2 927 Vex

Here is a link that might be useful: 927 Vex

o

great, thanks ! more?

o

Take a look at BM smokey taupe, it's one of my favorite colors as it is between a gray and a beige yet incredibly warm and inviting yet also soothing.

o

It's a little tough to do "light and airy" and "Lodgey".

Lodgey is usually darker and warmer.

Check out C2 Sea Salt #890

Here is a link that might be useful: c2 palette

o

I have an interior bath and put BM hazelnut cream in there...it's a nice beige with a warm undertone that would blend well with the red but deep enough to stand up to the white furniture.

o

I am going to check all these out. No, I am not doing it a lodge theme, I meant that if I wanted to use a red flannel comforter and decorate with lodge items, that it would not clash with the paint......so i need a neutral color that is LIGHT but contrasts with my cream colored furniture -. i dont want green or blue undertones and do not want it to look like a specific color. i think a cappucino color that is warm based maybe???

o

Definitely check out the Sea Salt, then. Mochachino!

o

Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Manchester Tan

o

BM Elmira White

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Elmira White

o

how about manchester tan

o

BM Edgecomb Gray

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Edgecomb Gray

o

peachy, I posted a picture of Sherwin Williams Believable Buff on your other post. I think it's a light, airy color. It definitely complements my Sherwin Williams Antique White trim so it should work with your cream furniture, and it should work with a deeper toned red.

o

saw it! looks great! thankss o much!

o

Taupe would be a excellent color with the cream vintage furniture. The differentiation between the taupe and cream is a comforting color combination. I can't offer a specific color but this picture gives the idea. With red it would be delish!

Here is a link that might be useful: Color

o

Another commenter on another thread suggested Benjamin Moore Pashmina. It is a gorgeous color!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here