Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior door Recommendations

Posted by kge9 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 18:06

I need to replace 3 bedroom doors and 1 bathroom door. If I can get factory painted, that would be a plus but if not, it's not a deal breaker.
I want to get pre-hung doors but I'm confused as to what is best. Molded, MDF, Ovation. JeldWen, Simpson, Millenium

All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

cross post in window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior door Recommendations

We replaced our cheap, hollow core, flat builder doors with solid core colonial style doors from Lowes--all prehung and come primed ready to paint. Special order for size...I think they ran around $125-150. They are fine... not top quality...but a big improvement from what we had and we didn't want to invest a lot since we will probably sell in a few years. The most noticeable part that isnt that nice is the trim...but we got plain, flat trim so we were able to spackle any dents, etc. before painting. If you plan to be in your house for awhile, I would go with the best door you can afford. Just for comparison, go to a Window/Door place where they probably have the better brands and you can see the differences between the top brands and the Lowes/HD brands.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here