Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Found my WOW factor!

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

Today I got a call from that little consignment store--the one I have the love-hate relationship with--informing me I won an etagere for $5. (I upped my initial $3 bid to $5 because someone had outbid me with a $3.50 bid). It is about 7' tall, faux bamboo, glass shelves, I think it is going to be darling. So, I shoved it into my car, remember, I was able to fit a sofa in there to drag home from SC last Spring, and off I went.

I had to stop at Home Goods on my way over to York Wallcoverings.

I walked in to Home Goods, where apparently Satan himself lives, and there it was....the piece that would make my space at the Showhouse crazy great!

(you know, I thought the over the top leather bed with tufting and crystals was going to be the WOW piece). I think I was wrong....

Look who I brought home today. Yes, it is GIGANTIC!!

(I'd like to make a disclaimer...anything you see with tags on it in any picture is just because it is for the Showhouse and I haven't removed the tags yet)

Comments (17)

• funkyart
    10 years ago

Wait a minute-- you didnt even mention this awesome find earlier today!! LOL How perfect is that..and it's really going to tie the two rooms together, don't you think?

Funny, I told the bf he had lost his mind when he put a low side table in front of my current side table.. "oh good lord! You just don't DO that!" And now I see it in your room and i think, "hey, that really works!" (of course, i do see a price tag so know it's not a permanent piece.. but still!) Let's keep it our secret though, ok? I hate to admit I am wrong! It will empower him to make other decorating decisions!

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

The frame is even good! I have to go to Homegoods more often...

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Zebras are the new horses? Cool.

I try to stay away from Home Good unless I need "x". Because I always always find y and z there and HAVE to have it.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh funky...by that point the Zebra was perched on top of the etagere in the car and I was riding high on the wallpaper sale wave at that point! I completely forgot he was in the car! I'm easily distracted like that, I mean come on...the wallpaper sale is "totes cray cray" as "they" say...

mtn, this Z was right inside the door. I didn't even have to go any further, but of course I did because x & y were calling me....but I resisted!

ppbenn, yes, you do!

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Very nice! Good find, I never look for artwork in Home Goods, but feel like I am missing out.

On the note of going in for x and walking out with y and z, I have been to our 3 local Home Goods several times over the past few months specifically looking for drapery rods. What I have walked out with includes, but is not limited to, towels, dog toys, a three tier server, a welcome mat that my door doesn't clear but I will never return, some bubble bath, and countless other things I am forgetting. I was going to buy a large mirror but don't have your magic car. Having a plan doesn't work for me.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Great find and it's going to wow everyone! I can't decide if I am glad Home Goods is a good distance away or if I just need to make the trip more often for y and z.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

colors are fabulous - layers are fabulous - zebra is fabulous - homegoods is heaven on earth.

i think it's hilarious that one post by mntrdredux and a new commonly accepted "y" and "z" lingo is born on this forum.

:)

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Finds when you are not searching for them -- that just happen to appear -- are the best surprises. I enjoyed catching up with your blog (which I was lazy and found via Google).

I must say this -- people must stop going to Home Goods for dog toys!. My dog will very much appreciate it if you stop buying up all the best dog toys there!

• williamsem
    10 years ago

With all the awesome stuff you have, I just HAD to see what Bee considers as wow factor. I was not disappointed! That is fantastic.

• caminnc
    10 years ago

WOW, I saw a similar one at Z Gallerie for several hundred dollars.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

He's stunning, Bee! I can hardly wait to see him on the wall! Even in the photo, I want to reach out and pet his soft nose.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad you guys like him. I just love walking by the room he is in and glancing over at him!

Also, I just wanted to let those of you who have emailed me about the blog, I have only seen one notification that a follower was added. I think you may have mail in your junk folder asking you to confirm your subscription, or whatever they call it.

Again, not trying to build a readership, just wanted to let you know if you think you signed up, you may not actually have done so.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

That picture is so dramatic! Will you be able to show us a pic of the completed room.

I can find all manner of things from a to z at Home Sense (same as Home Goods) but my y and z`s are mats for the kitchen floor and cute little side plates...

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

blfenton, I will certainly show pics when it is done. (I'm doing progress pics on the blog and fb) I am not close enough to it to stop in daily, like when we built our house. Funny, the show house is really close to where we moved from!

I'm thrilled that the demo is almost complete in the space and they are starting to paint it now!!

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

Love the zebra. And as always, love the green chair. Can you clarify "for the Showhouse"? I must have missed a post. Also, can you tell me more about your campaign side table? It's beautiful.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Do tell about the Showhouse, sounds v. exciting.

WOW factor - CHECK!!

I'm making your 'Ultimate Coconut Cake Cocktails' again this weekend for a get together I'm hosting for my bootcamp buddies. Always think of you and smile with this recipe. Linking for the curious :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultimate Coconut Cake Cocktail

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

prickly & oldbat2be, the Designer Showhouse is something I have been working on for a few months. I am doing a 3 room suite. Pretty intimidating for my first time at this! The tours will run starting in May through June 7th. It's a mansion from the 1880s.

If you want any other details, email me.

And yummm....forgot about that cocktail. Wonder if I have the ingredients. Have to go check.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!