Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Amazon Strathwood Falkner: Replacing cushions need referral

homey_bird
11 years ago

Hi all,
I have Amazon.com's Strathwood Falkner outdoor furniture set and need to replace its cushions. I tried Googling custom cushions and found a few hits but would like to get recommendations from folks here if anyone has had a great experience with reasonably priced cushion maker who will deliver to California (Bay Area).

My wish list is good quality, sunbrella fabric, reasonable pricing and long life with good maintenance.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    11 years ago

Have you considered contacting a local upholstery shop? Some let you supply your own fabric, and you can find Sunbrella at many websites. You'd be able to talk directly with them and see examples of their work.

• homey_bird
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have contacted local upholstery shops, and their quote (albeit admittedly better quality than original) came higher than what I paid for my entire set. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and it's one of the most expensive areas to live, therefore it's my assumption that I will not get competitive quotes locally.

On that note, I would appreciate if there are any reliable sources for sewing covers, either locally in Bay Area or online, that anyone has good recommendations for.

Again, thanks for the post and thanks in advance for responses.

• Laurie
    11 years ago

I have heard of places that you can mail in your old cushion cover and they use that as a pattern for making the new cover(s).

I have not used this type of service before , but I do have a recommendation of someone who I would trust and use in a heartbeat. Her name is Kim and she owns her own upholstery & custom slipcover shop in West Lafayette, Indiana.

I have been learning how to upholster some items for my home and watched several of her online videos. I noticed that she posted her email & phone # and encouraged people to contact her with any questions they may have.

I have contacted her several times by email and she responds quickly every time and with great ideas and detail. I would take a picture of your cushions & send them to her (with measurements) and see what price she can quote you.

It sounds like you are wanting the covers (fabric) replaced and that the foam inserts are in good condition, correct?

Laurie
    Irvine, CA

If you need foam inserts, I know a place in Santa Ana, CA that does online custom foam work. Or, they can send you the foam & you can cut it yourself. So many different choices/types of foam.....that subject in itself required lots of reading and learning for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Upholstery Shop

• Jamie
    11 years ago

I'm not sure which S-F furniture you have, but a search does turn up replacement cushions, some of them from Amazon. I'll assume you have already done this search....

In my long search for inexpensive replacement cushions for unusually shaped, old outdoor furniture, I came across seasonalconceptsonline. I have not ordered from them, but for my purposes they were the best value with the greates variety of nice fabrics and the most options.

Good luck.

• Jamie
    11 years ago

Oh, wait. The site I named above is on my list, but it also has a storefront on Amazon, so you've seen it already. The one that looks better is thereplacementcushion.com.