Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amazon Strathwood Falkner: Replacing cushions need referral

Posted by homey_bird (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 17:06

Hi all,
I have Amazon.com's Strathwood Falkner outdoor furniture set and need to replace its cushions. I tried Googling custom cushions and found a few hits but would like to get recommendations from folks here if anyone has had a great experience with reasonably priced cushion maker who will deliver to California (Bay Area).

My wish list is good quality, sunbrella fabric, reasonable pricing and long life with good maintenance.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amazon Strathwood Falkner: Replacing cushions need referral

Have you considered contacting a local upholstery shop? Some let you supply your own fabric, and you can find Sunbrella at many websites. You'd be able to talk directly with them and see examples of their work.

o

I have contacted local upholstery shops, and their quote (albeit admittedly better quality than original) came higher than what I paid for my entire set. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and it's one of the most expensive areas to live, therefore it's my assumption that I will not get competitive quotes locally.

On that note, I would appreciate if there are any reliable sources for sewing covers, either locally in Bay Area or online, that anyone has good recommendations for.

Again, thanks for the post and thanks in advance for responses.

o

I have heard of places that you can mail in your old cushion cover and they use that as a pattern for making the new cover(s).

I have not used this type of service before , but I do have a recommendation of someone who I would trust and use in a heartbeat. Her name is Kim and she owns her own upholstery & custom slipcover shop in West Lafayette, Indiana.

I have been learning how to upholster some items for my home and watched several of her online videos. I noticed that she posted her email & phone # and encouraged people to contact her with any questions they may have.

I have contacted her several times by email and she responds quickly every time and with great ideas and detail. I would take a picture of your cushions & send them to her (with measurements) and see what price she can quote you.

It sounds like you are wanting the covers (fabric) replaced and that the foam inserts are in good condition, correct?

Laurie
Irvine, CA

If you need foam inserts, I know a place in Santa Ana, CA that does online custom foam work. Or, they can send you the foam & you can cut it yourself. So many different choices/types of foam.....that subject in itself required lots of reading and learning for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Upholstery Shop

o

I'm not sure which S-F furniture you have, but a search does turn up replacement cushions, some of them from Amazon. I'll assume you have already done this search....

In my long search for inexpensive replacement cushions for unusually shaped, old outdoor furniture, I came across seasonalconceptsonline. I have not ordered from them, but for my purposes they were the best value with the greates variety of nice fabrics and the most options.

Good luck.

o

Hi Laurie and Jamies, many thanks for your replies and recommendations, will check them out.

To clarify, I have found the Strathwood Falkner cushions on Amazon.com. However one of the most serious complaints I read about them is that they're wrong size and do not fit. Also, not much detail about what fill is used, is revealed. For these two reasons, I began looking for options.

Thank you again, more responses welcome! I will post my experiences when I get my order delivered.

o

Oh, wait. The site I named above is on my list, but it also has a storefront on Amazon, so you've seen it already. The one that looks better is thereplacementcushion.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here