Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowbean_gw

top mid bottom ? help any advice on color ?

snowbean
10 years ago

please help I am trying to pick color to best go with my floors, espresso furniture, seashell decor.....thanks !!!
the colors are moonshine, stonington gray, collingwood all in BM colors

Comments (13)

• OhMarti
    10 years ago

One vote for the collingwood. I think the moonshine is too green and the stonington gray is too blue.

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

The moonshine is too green.

This post was edited by ineffablespace on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 18:07

• cawaps
    10 years ago

I agree that the Stonington is too blue. I kind of like the Moonshine, but it could end up looking a bit more like a pastel green than a green-gray over a large area (depending on the lighting and how well my monitor is rendering the color).

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I like the collingwood the best, although on my monitor, moonshine is a very light grey with a suggestion of green. Collingwood is still my favorite.

• zen4d
    10 years ago

I created an overlap image of your items and if I had to choose one, it would be the stonington gray or collingwood. Looks like there's some gray in the seashell decor. Here's the image I created.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

On my monitor, the Moonshine looks very green. The Stonington picks up the bluish/gray in the floor, provides more contrast, and since I prefer the slightly cooler grays, I'd go with that. However, the Collingwood would also work well although would probably blend more in.

• Fluffeebiskits1
    10 years ago

Another vote for collingwood. Its beachy in a driftwood, cape cod sort of way if that makes sense. I like that the theme isnt so literal (i. e. pastels, seashells everywhere and jars of sand).

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Same here, collingwood.

• snowbean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Collingwood is safe. is it the correct tone ? I want the open concept area to look modern, spacious, relaxing under the west facing windows. the kitchen will be all white and on the same grey tan floors Armstrong shell white. The kitchen island backside will have a medium wood tone modern design to it. that is facing the living room with the brown furniture and red fabric ottoman. should I wimp out and paint everything white ? maybe 1 accent wall ? I have a fireplace and it's 2 story in the livingroom area. the fireplace wall part is boxed out and goes up to ceiling. it's perfect for an accent color or material to go on it. I imagine a stacked grey stone modern look but dh doesn't like that idea. painters r asking me to pick colors argh...the pic is from houzz and I love the crisp look...I think it's all white ? my dh is letting me pick the color so long as it's a modern look. any thoughts ?? thx !! I can't listen to my daughter...she wants aqua everywhere !!

• snowbean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

how about I ask bm to lighten up stonington 50 % ? or Collingwood 50 % ??? has anyone done that ? does the color still show up ?? or shows up only in evenings ? my paint chips look scary darker under incandescent lighting....

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I prefer the warmth of the collingwood, but not sure it is the right shade yet for the other elements in the room.

You don't have the stone picked out yet? That's rough as the stone is more permanent and will be a dominant feature in the space.

I think what's throwing me off is the fact that the rust in the ottoman and the pink in the shell are not reflected at all in the colors selected.

I might look at a sample like BM Pale Oak.

• snowbean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thank you. I have that paint chip too because it was a strong contender. my dh doesn't want to use stone for fireplace. the firplace is stainless and black. mantle painted crisp white diamond bm. ceiling doors trim all same white. we should paint an accent wall. im thinking it should be the fireplace front part above the mantle that goes up 2 stories.

• snowbean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I screen captured the 1st photo paint rectangle chips from the BM website and they seem close to my real paint squares from my BM store strips. I spoke to interior designers and both of them said collingwood should be appropriate for my floors and white kitchen. Simply white BM will be the trim doors ceiling. I hope it will be okay ! Now onto countertops !