Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ottertail_gw

Backsplash done--thanks for your help

ottertail
16 years ago

Thanks to all of you who helped critique my backsplash options. The project is finally done.

;

;

{{!gwi}};

Comments (18)

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

That looks lovely!

Congrats!

• natesgramma
    16 years ago

You did a beautiful job, I like how you used the colors of the granite in your backsplash strip. I don't think I've seen another granite as close to mine. The yard called mine Madagascar Gold but I couldn't find it on the web anywhere. I'm still waiting a while to decide on my backsplash. What is your granite called?
    Mine:

• ottertail
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The granite is called Golden Cream.

• prairiefox
    16 years ago

Ottertail,

I love your backsplash. Please share the name of it.

Thanks!

• valley57
    16 years ago

It came out beautiful!

• ottertail
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The materials are:

Golden Tobacco Limestone (3x6)
    HarvestBlend Mosiacs Polished

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Very pretty!

• prairiegirlz5
    16 years ago

Ottertail~I missed the beginning of your project, but I wanted to tell you how much I love the colors you used!

I don't know much about granite, but yours is lovely. I also really like the limestone backsplash. It's a nice twist to the same old subway tiles, very natural and warm.

Your mosiac reminds me of the stone listello I just used in my bathroom, with its mix of earthy colors.

Nicely done. :0)

• redbazel
    16 years ago

That turned out very nice, classic, yet beautiful.

Red

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Oh Ottertail...it's PERFECT!!! Really, it looks just right in your kitchen. I was just saying on another thread how I love it when a poster comes back and shows us the final result. Thanks for sharing. Great job!

Lindy

• User
    16 years ago

Agree agree- I love seeing how the story ends... and with such a PERFECT ending too. Seriously, that looks "made to order".
    Can I tap your brain when and if it ever is my turn?

• magothyrivergirl
    16 years ago

ottertail - that looks exactly as I imagined it!!!! I was wondering about your back splash the other day. I think your choices are perfect and looks great leaving the granite splash. The entire design is very pleasing to the eye and not at all too busy. Beautiful!!!!! Your tile setter did a great job.
    May I suggest - look at the tile store for stone outlet covers that would blend with your tile. The tile store where I shop has them. If not, buy some cheapie metal covers and do a faux paint to soften the look.
    Thanks for posting your results.

• ottertail
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sheilaaus122,
    Yes you can tap my brain whenever you are ready.

Magothyrivergirl,
    I really like your suggestion about stone or faux painted outlet covers.

It is so fun getting affirming comments as it was such a struggle for me to make a decision.

• mhillgal
    16 years ago

I love your granite countertop and the backsplash is beautiful.

• Karen_sl
    16 years ago

Love your backsplash...did you do it yourself??
    Really nice..
    Karen L

• debbie_2008
    16 years ago

WOW you did good with your selections.

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

Love the mosaic blend. It's a wonderful choice. Aren't you glad now the kitchen is finished?

• ottertail
    Original Author
    16 years ago

As far as did I do it myself? The design was done with the help of my husband, tile shop and all of you contributers. The tile installation was done by a local tile setter.