Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris11895

Natural Weave Rugs - Any soft ones?

chris11895
14 years ago

Hi all,

I've been looking for a sisal or seagrass looking rug for a room in my house but keep finding that my little one's will not feel very comfortable sitting or walking in barefeet on them. Has anyone come across a natural weave rug that is actually soft?

Comments (14)

• always1stepbehind
    14 years ago

Lowes carries a rug that looks like sisal--but it's super soft like chenille (sp?)..I believe it's by Allan Roth or whatever that line is called they carry at Lowes--

• chris11895
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks - I'll chck it out!

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

There is also a new product called "soft seagrass". I just bought it for my living room. It is seagrass that has been treated and mixed with something to make it softer. It is really soft. I love it!
    Here is a link to my living room. The company is Blackstone Carpets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soft Seagrass

• chris11895
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, willow! I meant to post on your dining room thread the other day. If you decide to get an Oriental I highly suggest Landry & Arcari. They have a showroom in Boston on Stuart Street and let you take the rugs home to test them out in your own light. I have contacts there so e-mail me off-line if you ever want more info.

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

Thanks so much Chris! I love Landry and Acari - My old Living Room rug was from there - great rugs, great service! Did you call about the soft seagrass?

• chris11895
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It doesn't look like they carry it, but I'm going to ask Jeff Arcari if he can get it for me! Thanks so much!!

• allison0704
    14 years ago

I just purchased DD2 one of these for her LR. Super soft!

Here is a link that might be useful: PB Heather Chenille Jute

• chris11895
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks , Allison!!

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

Chris,
    Is L&A stocking the soft seagrass now? How is the pricing?
    thanks,
    Willow

• momtosix
    13 years ago

Hi all!

I have just painted my kitchen and dining room combo BM Monroe Bisque. I have oak wood floors and was wanting to get a seagrass rug for under my dining room table. It seems like anytime I see a seagrass or sisal area rug they are always in rooms painted with a taupe or beige color. Do you all thing that the natural color of the seagrass would look nice with the gold tone of the Monroe Bisque?

Momtosix

• willowdecor
    13 years ago

Yes I do - the Seagrass is greenish to start then turns more golden as it ages. I think it would look fne!

• leahcate
    13 years ago

Seeing so much seagrass and sisal makes me nuts as no one ever mentions how it stains so easily...even with merely water...or so it's said. How on earth do so many live with it??? Love the look. Of course I do...it's literally everywhere! Are the newer materials, such as Allison's DD's from PB, stain resistant? I'd love the runner one for under my kitchen sink in summer. I've asked this before, but never seen the stain issue addressed by owners/designers( Cote de Texas, etc). ????

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Leahcate, when I first looked at these rugs, back in 2002, I was warned away from them by a rug dealer, specifically due to the staining issue. I wonder if the technology has gotten better since then. I ended up with a polypro look-alike in the kitchen and a (very soft) wool look-alike in the MBR. Both were beautiful and cleaned up well.

Don't know if the OP is still around, but I'd be hesitant to put a highly textured rug under a dining table where things tend to be dropped more than elsewhere.

• Sheeisback_GW
    13 years ago

I also just wanted to say I saw the same 'sisal' Allan + Roth rug at Lowes. I thought it really was until I got close and touched it. We'll probably be getting that for the basement once it's finished. We can't go natural rugs because our cats will think we bought them a huge scratching post.

I'm glad to hear there are other options.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts