Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoyamom_gw

EK Ashen Green

hoyamom
16 years ago

Ok, I think this one is my favorite. Maybe because I stressed over it for so long. The color is wonderful in both daylight and at night. It's not too dark and it is a perfect foil for those odd green chairs.

We like it so much that we are putting it in the basement bathroom instead of the berry red (I will take pictures of that one tomorrow - they aren't finished with the powder room and the wheat foyer/library area).

Here we go with the before and afters!

BEFORE

AFTER!!!

This is a close up of the chair and the wall.

Comments (14)

• Happyladi
    16 years ago

Remind me what EK stands for again. I know it's Ellen something but I can't remember what!

• hoyamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ellen Kennon full spectrum paints.

She was very helpful in helping me choose the colors - especially for this room because the green chairs have a funny sheen (cast) to them.

• kabergs
    16 years ago

Oooh, beautiful! I LOVE it, and I'm glad you went with your gut instinct on this one. It's lovely, especially with teh drapes and the chairs.

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Oh, how pretty is that? Looks fabulous. I didn't realize you had painted until I read about it on another thread. I thought you were just asking about the Ashen Green so I didn't pop in because I had nothing I could add. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

• amysrq
    16 years ago

Really nice, as I suspected!

I am looking at that color for kitchen cabs...

• roguevalley
    16 years ago

Very elegant!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

ALL the colors look really, really good! Perfect choices hoyamom!

• msrose
    16 years ago

Wow, that is pretty. Does anyone know what the difference is in Ashen Green and Edgewood Green? This reminds me of the pictures I've seen of EG.

Laurie

• ideamom
    16 years ago

Wow what a difference the right color makes!!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Very pretty! I love the way it works with the gold. I seem to remember you saying something about some artwork for the dr wall. That would be beautiful to highlight the color. Looks really pretty with your wood, too : )

The chairs are shining now!

• hoyamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, squirrel - we are deciding whether to keep the table turned sideways or move it back to parallel with the windows. If the dining room would be a foot wider it would make such a difference! But....I am going to put something up there once the painters are finished and I have time to look. I don't want to make a rash decision.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Could you maybe move the two end chairs from the table? Maybe one in the corner next to the buffet chest (moved over a bit) and the other flanking the other side of the glass cabinet (moved over a bit : ) Then you'd have a clear passageway from the kitchen.

• hoyamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Msrose - here are pictures to show you the difference between Ashen Green and Edgewood Green. Ashen is more of a blue/gray/green and EG is a browner/green.

Squirrel - I can get around them but if I open up my table to seat more people (I have 2 more leaves!!) I would have to turn it lengthwise anyway so that is why I was thinking I should just put it back the other way. This is how it was before.

• polkadots
    16 years ago

This (and all your other rooms too) looks so beautiful! I am amazed at how great the AG walls looks with the gold drapes. Congratulations!