Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Island question

Posted by CLBlakey (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 16:31

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a kitchen island that is movable but with hidden wheels that drop in order to move it. In other words the wheel go up when stationary or down when you need it to roll. If so can you tell me where I can look for that kind of mechanism. I know it is not really a decorating question but I thought I would try here first.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Island question

I have a friend who built a movable kitchen island out of kitchen cabinets. The wheels were lockable, but didn't retract. I see no reason why you couldn't hide them with some trim, though, as long as there was clearance for the wheels to turn.

o

I have one like that. I bought it at Lowe's 10-15 years ago. It had a "real" granite slab atop it, I took the granite off, gave it to my DIL to put on GD's dresser and purchased another piece myself. It was a real bargain, about $300.00 and has a built-in white rack. Williams-Sonoma had one similar a year or so ago, but the price was much more.

o

I can't help you there. My kitchen is so small it's an island in itself!

o

Thanks.... Sorry it took so long to get back here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here