Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

my placeholder sofa

roarah
10 years ago

I have started to have an old settee repaired and reupholstered and it is meant to take quite sometime. I hated seeing an empty half of my small sunroom, which my family seems to use more than any other sitting area:) so I impulsively purchased an inexpensive pier one Colette sofa on sale this week.

I have to say I am loving it in the space. My plan was to move it into our kid's den when the other piece is finished but I love its comfort! I already took a nap on it this afternoon :). So It might end up here and the antique will go in the den perhaps:).

There were no reviews online regarding the quality so I do not know what to expect from it regarding wear and tear and honestly with two cats even the finest pieces end up worn:) so I know it will not last a lifetime like the one I am redoing has, but for today I am loving my place holder!

Comments (18)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

OMG, I thought THAT was the antique settee! Fab!

BTW, did you get those cushions done in the LR? IIRC you were looking at fabrics?

• roarah
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Mtn! It does have an antique look :). We have finished the LR rad covers and are working on the sunroom's radiator and front hall ones now:). Here is a picture of the fabric I used for the cushions. I am happy with them but not nearly as happy as my kittens are:). Here is a not so great picture of them in the room.

• roarah
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A close up of the fabric I ended up using.

This post was edited by roarah on Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 17:18

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

You have elegant taste.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Pier 1 is full of surprises. I bought this chair from their web site last year when I needed a small chair for a "dead" corner of the living room but didn't want to spend a lot on a chair that rarely gets used. I just love this little chair. Yours looks perfect in your space!

• roarah
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! Sue, I love your chair too! What a wonderful green!

• tinam61
    10 years ago

I also think Pier One has some neat items! I have always thought that settee was beautiful - very elegant.

You have a beautiful home and you are like us in that our sunroom is very much our "den". Love that room and it is used each and every day.

tina

• selcier
    10 years ago

I love your house. :) it is just so calming and serene,

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

The sofa is so pretty there. I really like the style. If only I had a place for one.

Our Pier One store left long ago. I would go in and browse like every other week, drool over things I couldn't have. Well, not actually drool on the furniture but you know what I mean. ha

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

It looks perfect in your space!

• teeda
    10 years ago

Wow, what a great sofa and the perfect spot for it!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh Roarah, it looks lovely. I thought it was an antique settee. Your home is exquisite!

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

It looks absolutely beautiful and I am giddy that it's comfortable. I think comfort more than durability is key. The best would be both, of course, but if I had to pick, comfort wins.

I hope you take many blissful naps in that lovely spot!

• patricianat
    10 years ago

You have a very good eye for design and bringing about your vision in the room. I agree that beautiful placeholder sofa has the elegance of a good antique.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

That sofa looks like it was born in that space. Very nice and love how all the elements blend so well together.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I love that sofa, mainly because it is so perfect in your room.

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

Love the sofa...it looks so at home in your room!

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

One word comes to mind - charming. Sometimes we get lucky and find the perfect thing for a space and you did just that. Your home is so warm and inviting.