Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Mirrored closet doors?

lauren0319
11 years ago

We have his and her closets located in our bathroom, seperated by a tub. For a while I have had a dinky little mirror just hanging on our closet door. The location is perfect bc I can see the back of my hair when getting ready. However, the dinky little mirror needs to be replaced. I found these doors online by Trustile and am very interested. Does anyone have anything similar? I don't need the arches... all of our doors are 6 panel doors. But I like the idea of the mirror "mounted" in the door and would love to see more of this.
My husband is super handy... but I'm not sure if this could be DIY'd or not.
Any additional pics or links? Thanks for your thoughts!

http://www.trustile.com/options/default.asp?cid=384

Comments (14)

• susieq07
    11 years ago

Very nice, both of our walkin closets in our bath rm. have mirrored pocket doors and both sides are mirrors. Makes perfect sense, to have full length mirrors when dressing to go out.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

We have full mirrored sliding closet doors in our bedroom. The PO's had put them in at some point, and we liked them, so we replaced them when we made the closet smaller as part of the MB reno.

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

How about something like this:

DIY instructions below

Here is a link that might be useful: mirrored closet doors

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Darlings, if you can tolerate full length mirrors on the fronts of the doors in your bathroom, and consequently watching yourself emerge from the bath au naturel, you are braver - and younger - than I am!

Having said that, I think any of those choices would be great. It's a little tricky to DIY them, because paneling them in will add significantly to both the weight and the thickness of your doors. Unless your talented DH can make the doors from scratch, and hang them perfectly. Few things are as annoying as doors you use every day that don't swing easily and close perfectly.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

"Darlings, if you can tolerate full length mirrors on the fronts of the doors in your bathroom, and consequently watching yourself emerge from the bath au naturel, you are braver - and younger - than I am! "

I feel the same way, except with the mirrors beside the bed!

• busybee3
    11 years ago

i wanted a full length mirror in our bathroom and so bought a mirrored on one side door very similar to the one you show, except without the arch. i love it!! (But, we definitely could not have DIourselves...)

• lauren0319
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fantastic links, thank you so much!! :)

busybee- where did you buy your doors? I'm trying to figure out if we want to DIY this or just buy them.

• annzgw
    11 years ago

I don't see why you can DIY. It won't have a recessed look like the one you posted, but would look like the doors nosoccermom has.

You can have mirror cut to the exact size you need so that the 6 panels are covered, then trim the edges out with molding. If you're concerned about additional weight on the door, then reinforce the hinges by replacing the center screws in the top and middle hinge with a much longer screw.
    Also, ask the mirror/glass supply store for some padded spacers. You will need them if there are gaps between the mirror and the panels on the doors. Gaps will allow the mirror to flex, something you don't want.

• busybee3
    11 years ago

it's a jeld wen door and i ordered it at home depot... it's 6 panels on the one side and has a large, beveled mirror on the other side - the door was available in numerous sizes and is actually very nice.

• lauren0319
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We ended up DIY-ing! The doors were $350 ea at Home Depot and we did this for less than $100. I'm quite pleased. :) Thanks for your input!

btw- how crazy would we be to rip out the tub and install nice drawers & cabinets. We never, ever use the tub- lol, it's currently holding out laundry baskets! We're also not worried about resale as we really have no plans on moving. We would lose a bit of the window but I think that would be okay.

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

Looks amazing. Could you post exactly how you did it?

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

So that molding around the mirror is part of the mirror? And was your door just a simple slab door?

• Myra Nissen
    5 years ago

You can order them from Lowe's - finally they are easy to get, they are inlaid but not bevelled.