Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do?

Posted by hctskeeters (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 15:51

I purchased this not knowing what it is or what I'm going to do with it. Looking for suggestions? Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do?

Take it back? LOL JK

That is wild! Is it as tall as it appears? Garden sculpture?

o

An owl umbrella stand?

o

Umbrella stand was my reaction too.

o

You could put it in a bathroom and use it for towel storage. Roll towels up, put one in the center on the bottom, then three around that a level up, then four or five around that so that it looks like the owl has towels sticking out of its head.

o

That is funky and fun.

I fill my umbrella stand with rolled beach mats. I think yours would look fine empty and in a corner somewhere.

o

Umbrella stand was my first thought.....planter with tall fake branches (Michaels), obviously no watering needed

o

A T-owl holder?

o

dedtired - too funny! I thought umbrella stand too, but I like the idea of using it for towels or beach mats or pool noodles. Whoo knows what this can be used for??

o

T-owl holder! Good one!

o

It's very cool looking!

o

I think I would have to buy some owl walking canes / sticks to go in it.

o

You could put it on the front stoop with a sign in it that says, 'Whooooooooo's there?"

o

planter for a tall snake plant

tp holder

Here is a link that might be useful: snake plant

o

put a candle in it...it's cute though.

o

cut out the bottom and slip it on for a halloween costume. you might need panties, though.

o

Right before I sat down to the computer, I was piddling with the umbrellas in the umbrella stand. My umbrella is a black and gold leopard print if anyone's interested. lol

I would use it as an umbrella stand.

o
What would you do?

Looking at the picture again, it's not an umbrella stand because there's no tray on the bottom to catch water. But you could still use it as an U.S. but don't put any wet umbrellas in it. :)

o

Or just put it on a tray to catch water from umbrellas.

o

You have to tell us how big it is. Looks too tall for umbrellas to me?

LOL Kate

o

Put it in the bathroom filled with rolls of toilet paper...no one will need fear getting "stranded" without a roll....

o

dedtired - too funny! I thought umbrella stand too, but I like the idea of using it for towels or beach mats or pool noodles. Whoo knows what this can be used for??

o

put cat toys (especially long wand types) in there

o

Kate,

Love it, LOL!!

o

If you fill it with stuff, it will detract from the "coolness" of it. I'd leave it as is and put it in front of a bright, solid colored wall!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here