Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

New chair

Oakley
10 years ago

Some of you know I've been on a long search for a new chair for the LR. The only pupose the chair will serve is when company comes over.

I was in an antique store the next town over this morning and found the chair way in the back of the store.

Brand new upholstery job, sturdy as a rock, and of course it matches perfectly. The price? $80!!!

I can't wait for the new coffee table to arrive!

Also, I don't want to scoot the chair up to put the legs on the rug. :)

Comments (18)

• powermuffin
    10 years ago

Now that is a steal! Looks very nice.
    Diane

• ghostlyvision
    10 years ago

Total love!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! My DH went with me because we took in a small table with 2 chairs to be painted. (red with a light black glaze.)

I showed him the chair and he said it was ugly. Very ugly. Then I told him to wait until I have it in the house.

When I called him into the room to take a peek, he couldn't believe how nice it looks. He has no clue about decorating. :)

• Laurie
    10 years ago

The colors in the chair are perfect in your room!
    I like the rabbit pillow, too : )

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

What a fantastic price for a great chair!!! I know how hard it is to find a chair. I have been looking for one for awhile and paid more than double what you did-- and it totally needs a new uphol$tery job! But I love it anyway and am just going to have to live with it as-is.

Anyway, you must feel VERY relieved to be done. You knocked it out of the park! I'm glad your husband was able to trust your vision!

I look forward to seeing your tables, too!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oakley, your living room looks awesome. The chair looks perfect in your room. May I ask the manufacturer of your lamp?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

What a great find!

• Pieonear
    10 years ago

Looks really nice!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laurie, I adore the rabbit pillow. After I bought it I found it on sale for half the price on Joss & Main.

Holly, I looked under the lamp (with a magnifying glass, lol) and there was only one sticker that read:

Homologue Portable Luminaire.

I did a google search and came up with everything but a lamp. lol.

I got it at JC Penneys, but I looked there and they don't have it anymore.

The base of the lamp lights up also. LampsPlus has some that are similar though.

Warning, it doesn't give off good light, but it could be because there isn't a wall to bounce light off. Big downside to floating furniture!

• tuesday_2008
    10 years ago

Oakley - Congrats on the progress you are making on your LR face-lift; chair and new rug looks great, and I am looking forward to your new table.

I have two lamps like yours that Holly-Kay inquired about - They are Dale Tiffany from JC Penney.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Terrific find, you've done a great job with your room. It looks very warm and inviting.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Terrific find, you've done a great job with your room. It looks very warm and inviting.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Amazing find, you got lucky !!

• lena2350
    10 years ago

Wow what a bargin you found! I think it is perfect in your space and I also love the rabbit pillow!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Thanks Oakley and Tuesday!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Tuesday! JCP doesn't carry them anymore, at least not online.

My new kitty thinks it's her chair. She loves to nap there where no one can bother her. Time to get the lint roller out! :)

• beachpea3
    10 years ago

Great looking chair...you have a good eye for a treasure!

• sis2two
    10 years ago

That chair goes perfect in there! I love wingback chairs.