Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nafnaf12

Your favorite Sunroom Color

Naf_Naf
13 years ago

Hi,

I wonder if you guys could help me out.

I need to paint my sunroom for the very first time, it had siding and we drywalled it. The sunroom is very visible from the living room (there is a big window in between). it is almost a blank canvas, windows, doors, trims and blinds are white and the flooring is distressed ceramic tile (kind of a neutral color), my furniture is dark wood and the sofa I have there is dark beige. I want to use Benjamin Moore paint.

-Would you use the same color of paint as in the living? (now I have SW believable buff, is a neutral with cream undertone.

-What is your favorite sunroom color?

-Should I paint ceiling and walls the same color?

I wanted a blue-gray but not sure is a nice color for a sunroom

TIA!!!

Comments (13)

• User
    13 years ago

Our sunroom is painted a creamy golden yellow. It's a home mix so I don't have a color, but I can't imagine a sunroom in anything but some shade of happy, but soft yellow or creamy white. Sorry, but blue-gray just doesn't say "sun" room to me.

• deeinohio
    13 years ago

I like changing out accessories in the sunroom to make it much cozier in the winter (red oriental rug, rug velvet pillows on the white sofas) to cleanable in the summer (indoor/outdoor decortive pillows in black/brown/white and indoor/outdoor rug in brown and beige), so I prefer a neutral color. I can't tell you specifically the name of the paint we have but it matches our beige/tan tiles. It also is off our great room; the paint is close but doesn't match that in the great room.

I wanna see when you get done!

Dee

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Ours is a pale yellow, which flows with our adjoining kitchen. It's a BM color (don't remember the color, but the can is in the basement).

• User
    13 years ago

Mine is Belgian Waffle. It is an Olympic Brand paint color made up in BM matte. I love it . It is a creamy pale yellow that changes with the light. Looks great with creamy white trim. Good Luck. c

a couple pics :

• teacats
    13 years ago

A vote for BM White Dove. Fresh, clean white -- and easy to change around your decor with the seasons!

Here is a link that might be useful: BM -- White Dove

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

Guess I wasn't unique in choosing a creamy yellow color for my sunroom! This is the room in our beach house. It's BM Rich Cream. Still neutral enough so that you could use a lot of other colors in the room.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

My great aunt's was actually dark brown, but there was very little wall space except the clapboard wall of the house (connected to a creosoted log house) and below about knee level on the outer walls which were all glass. It was actually pretty "warm" and directed your eye outward to her garden which was spectacular.

• Naf_Naf
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the comments!
    Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.
    My first thought was to use a creamy mellow yellow color for the reasons one of you mentioned but my concern is that although the tile is neutral, it has a mauve undertone with some grayish stains or pattern and maybe yellow is not the best complement, unless I use an area rug.
    I thought of the grey/blue because is pretty, grey is maybe my favorite color, is classy, it feels relaxing and I think will be ok with the flooring but was not sure about it being the best color for the sunroom, I know it will go with some of the accessories and art I have in the home...
    so...
    Kind of I am liking Teacats suggestion and this is why: it will reflect a lot of light to the living room and will feel "fresh and clean".
    The neutral color is also a good option but it will not reflect the same amount of light
    Thanks for your help
    please keep the comments coming!

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Oops, a photo would help!

• ellendi
    13 years ago

Although I love yellow and have different versions in three rooms of my house, I can see your point in coordinating with your pinkish grey tiles. I think anything pale would work. And, not everyone likes yellow. Try to keep the same tone of color as your living and I think it will be fine.

• Naf_Naf
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the help!
    I went with the off white suggestion and I am so happy with it - will post pics in a few days

• dorry2
    13 years ago

I, too, vote for White Dove. I have it throughout my home, though the link is not reflective of the real color. It is more white that the photo shows.