Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arapahord

bhg - march 2014 - green lr/dr

Arapaho-Rd
10 years ago

Does anyone have this issue? I was intrigued by the DR/LR done in grass green with a Vanguard leather sofa in green. Trying to find the photos online w/o luck. Any ideas? TIA.

Comments (10)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

This one? Did you want info from the buying info page?

• Arapaho-Rd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's it! Thanks for the photo. If you have the designer's name (homeowner) that would be great. I appreciate the help very much, hhireno.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

My pleasure. It's so rare I can help with anything related to design.

Interior designer: Lauren Liess of Great Falls, Va. Her email address is:
    Mail at her name dot com
    Homeowner Katy Hollis

If you want the designer's phone number or other info in the magazine, email me. I feel a little funny putting it here.

• peony4
    10 years ago

She has a blog, too, that features her work. You can find it by googling her name. All of her contact information is there.

• Arapaho-Rd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks hhireno and peony! Appreciate your help so much.

• barb5
    10 years ago

I just spent some time yesterday going through her blog looking for ideas for our bedroom redo. I really like her style.

• Jamie
    10 years ago

I was struck buy the small rug under the table on the designer's blog (her home?). This would keep the floors from being scratched by shoes, and also provides a little color and interest. I had stashed this away in my personal file (what's left of my memory), but another thread about rugs under tables just popped up, so I'm going to link to this one.

It works nicely. Maybe only because it's not rectangular? What do you think - would an undersize rectangle look just as good?

• peony4
    10 years ago

Jamies, I just posted in the other thread about that small zebra rug under the table... How would she keep it straight when using the chairs? I would think it would "catch" on the legs every time someone sits down and gets up from the table. There's no way that can be practical, unless it's glued on all edges to the floor. It would be a crumpled mess under my table!

• Jamie
    10 years ago

Yes, I figured there'd have to be some way to fasten it down. I attached a small rug to the floor in front of my back door with double sided carpet tape. It has worked well for the winter season with the door rubbing across it and feet scraping against it. Something like that, I would think.

• just_imagine
    10 years ago

Loved the soothing shades of green in the rooms shown (and the pop of orchid) but not the blue and white drapery panels...would have preferred cream panels with green, or even orchid, trim.