Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tone on tone carpet -- mistake?

Posted by Jewel654 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 15:12

It's time to pick new carpeting for our master bedroom. I *thought* I always wanted a patterned carpet, but now I'm not sure. Will choosing a pattern limit me on the fabric I can choose for the bedding or drapes?

Also, does a carpet like this more easily show where stains used to be after cleaned? Here are links to the two choices I've narrowed down (sorry, I can't figure out how to do hyperlinks):

http://shawfloors.com/carpetdetails/daily_essential15%27_19626-chic_beige

http://www.royaltycarpetmills.com/carpet/sheer-desire#R09180015

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tone on tone carpet -- mistake?

I have a patterned carpet in my bedroom, and I love it. I have martha stewart winterthur, which looks similar to your first option.

No problems cleaning so far. I think it does show foot traffic more than a regular carpet, but I vacuum fairly frequently - well, my neato robotic vacuum does : )

Close up of the pattern right after install:

photo 20130412_132647_zps0a8b9435.jpg

The pattern isn't very noticeable in this picture, but it is a bit more in person.
 photo DSC_4329_zps84f7d02b.jpg

o

That does look amazingly similar to the Shaw carpet I'm considering! Thank you for posting those photos.
How long have you had your carpet?

o

IMO, tone on tone carpets are lovely and not at all limiting in regards to pattern but add textural interest.

o

Hi
I picked a similar pattern. I couldn't be more pleased. So much so, that I installed the same pattern, however in a different color in my guest room. The carpet in my master bedroom has been down 4 years, and it looks as good as the day it went down. We purchased the memory foam padding and it's been remarkable. All in all, we were are very pleased.
Good Luck !

o

Who is the manufacturer of your carpet, Durango?

o

Same-tone textured is always beautiful, IMO.

LOVE your color scheme, durango! I just LOVE chocolate brown, and blue and brown are so great together.

o

Thanks for your comments, everyone. We decided to go with the carpet shown in the first link after I laid out all my worst fears to the carpet guy (at the small, independent flooring store). Excited to get it!

o

I'm anxious to see it in place!

o

I had tone on tone textured carpet at my last house in the MB and the FR. I didn't think it showed foot traffic nearly as much as standard carpet. I do not think it gives as plush of a feel though.

o

That's true, Jeannie. It's definitely not as plush as a "plush". I'll post pics when it's in!

o

Do any of you know if this style of carpet is better for a central vac hide a hose system? It is an air driven not electric driven beater bar for the carpet attachment so I am wondering if this low pile might be better /easier on a vacuum. Sorry to hijack. I do love the color and pattern you have picked!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here