Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Tone on tone carpet -- mistake?

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

It's time to pick new carpeting for our master bedroom. I *thought* I always wanted a patterned carpet, but now I'm not sure. Will choosing a pattern limit me on the fabric I can choose for the bedding or drapes?

Also, does a carpet like this more easily show where stains used to be after cleaned? Here are links to the two choices I've narrowed down (sorry, I can't figure out how to do hyperlinks):

http://shawfloors.com/carpetdetails/daily_essential15%27_19626-chic_beige

http://www.royaltycarpetmills.com/carpet/sheer-desire#R09180015

Comments (11)

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

I have a patterned carpet in my bedroom, and I love it. I have martha stewart winterthur, which looks similar to your first option.

No problems cleaning so far. I think it does show foot traffic more than a regular carpet, but I vacuum fairly frequently - well, my neato robotic vacuum does : )

Close up of the pattern right after install:

The pattern isn't very noticeable in this picture, but it is a bit more in person.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That does look amazingly similar to the Shaw carpet I'm considering! Thank you for posting those photos.
    How long have you had your carpet?

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

IMO, tone on tone carpets are lovely and not at all limiting in regards to pattern but add textural interest.

• durango118
    10 years ago

Hi
    I picked a similar pattern. I couldn't be more pleased. So much so, that I installed the same pattern, however in a different color in my guest room. The carpet in my master bedroom has been down 4 years, and it looks as good as the day it went down. We purchased the memory foam padding and it's been remarkable. All in all, we were are very pleased.
    Good Luck !

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Who is the manufacturer of your carpet, Durango?

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Same-tone textured is always beautiful, IMO.

LOVE your color scheme, durango! I just LOVE chocolate brown, and blue and brown are so great together.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your comments, everyone. We decided to go with the carpet shown in the first link after I laid out all my worst fears to the carpet guy (at the small, independent flooring store). Excited to get it!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I'm anxious to see it in place!

• dakota01
    10 years ago

I had tone on tone textured carpet at my last house in the MB and the FR. I didn't think it showed foot traffic nearly as much as standard carpet. I do not think it gives as plush of a feel though.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's true, Jeannie. It's definitely not as plush as a "plush". I'll post pics when it's in!

• kam76
    10 years ago

Do any of you know if this style of carpet is better for a central vac hide a hose system? It is an air driven not electric driven beater bar for the carpet attachment so I am wondering if this low pile might be better /easier on a vacuum. Sorry to hijack. I do love the color and pattern you have picked!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!