Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susan1208

Behr's Ryegrass?

susan1208
15 years ago

Has anyone used the color Ryegrass from Behr.

I really like it and was hoping it would be a good color to go along with my coral. Is it a true green? Any pics?

Thanks

Susan

Comments (26)

• scarlet_morgan
    15 years ago

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color and fully intend to use it when I paint my DR! Here are a couple of inspiration pictures. I'm sorry I don't know the owner's names. Please step up and take credit if this room belongs to you!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Well, thank-you, Scarlet, that's my half bath! I also love the Ryegrass.

• jyyanks
    15 years ago

I used Ryegrass in my DH and my office. I don't have any pictures of the finished rooms but here are some old pictures when we first painting the room.

DH office

My office

I really love the color! It reminds me of green apples.

• susan1208
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the pics........I like it a lot too.

Do you think it will go in this room?

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Why not ask if someone here can do a mock-up for you?

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

I think it's a beautiful color, but maybe a little too much apple green for your room. Unless you want to switch out your painting. I love that color with red like in my3dogs bathroom, but your painting is more the sage green colors so it may be the wrong green.

But I think it would really bring some color into the room and zing with the red kitchen.

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

This is quick and dirty, but here ya go:

• nicole__
    15 years ago

I REALLY like your white walls!!! Looks like a decorator did your color layout and design!!! I think green paint will totally destroy "the look". Here's a picture of Lance Armstrongs place in Texas....he used your color palette....and I'm sure "he" didn't pick the colors.....truly BEAUTIFUL!!!! Like your place is now!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lance Armstrongs digs

• susan1208
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nicole,
    Thank you for your compliment. I just feel there is something missing in this room. I figured a color would do it.

Lance's room is gorgeous....and I see where you are saying the colors are alike, but I still think I need something.

circuspeanut,

Thank you for the pic.......actually I am not liking it.

Any other opinions?

Susan

• scarlet_morgan
    15 years ago

In all the pictures I've seen, I've never thought of Rye Grass as being 'apple green' at all. It appears much softer than that to me. Is that correct, My3Dogs??

Susan, I do think your room looks great now but if it were mine, I would want some additional color as well. I think there are many colors that would work. A soft green, a yellow/gold/creme pulled from your artwork or even perhaps a taupe would look good. Are you planning to keep the color that is in your kitchen area?

• susan1208
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Scarlet,

I thought the same thing about rye grass, and it does look soft in the other photos, except for the one in my room!

There is a nice green in the palm trees in my picture and I am leaning toward that, and it is similar to the rye grass.

I am planning on keeping the Coral in kitchen, that is my favorite. It just makes me happy and I am trying to make this room a happy/sunny/cheerful room.

I went out today to get more paint chips....I have so many it is making my head spin.

Thanks and keep the idea coming everyone.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Scarlet, I would not have thought of Ryegrass an as 'apple green'. I do feel it's softer than that. I'd be looking for a softer, lighter color than Ryegrass for the room in question, though. I'd want to have more contrast between the love seat, sofa and the walls.

Susan, whose coral color is on the walls, and what is the nae of it? I only have BM and SW fan decks, but if it's one of them, I might find some colors that I'd like with it...although YOU may not!

• equest17
    15 years ago

I believe SW has a color called Ryegrass also that is a bit brighter than the Behr color by the same name. Is the office photo perhaps the SW color and the bathroom photo the Behr?

• parma42
    15 years ago

This pic is of redbazels Ben Moore's Baby Turtle.

It may be *too* muted for you, but considering your art and WTs, I don't think a pastel green will work.

I think that coral will look just as good against a more subtle green as the red accents do, above.

• jyyanks
    15 years ago

No we used the Behr Ryegrass in the unfinished office picture I posted. My whole house is painted in Behr except for my LR.

The picture I posted is exactly how it looks on my walls but color changes depending on the light. It looks closer to apple green when its light and at night it looks more like a yellow-green. I love the color but not sure if it goes with your room. Have you considered BM Baby Turtle, SW Blonde or BM Lenox Tan?

• User
    15 years ago

If you go to the kitchen gallery in the inspiration section on the Behr site, the walls in the 6th picture is Rejuvinate which looks like a lighter version of Ryegrass. It may work better in your room.

• susan1208
    Original Author
    15 years ago

my3dogs,
    The color in kitchen is SW Quite Coral. Any help in finding a color is so so appreciated. I dont have much hair left on my head to pull out. LOL.

I know I dont want the Blonde (it's in my DR/Study),yet that was my first choice. I am now looking for something with a little ummph!

luk and jy, I will look at rejuvinate and baby turtle....as my head spins some more.

Thanks all

• susan1208
    Original Author
    15 years ago

my3dogs:

The color ryegrass by SW, what do you think of that?

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

I probably took a swatch from a too-bright wall in the preceding pictures -- here's Ryegrass again, from my3dogs' bathroom:

And here's Behr's Buffalo Grass:

FWIW, I love the red/orange + celery/sagey green combo. I'm liking the Buffalo Grass very well with your red accents.

• tfm1134
    15 years ago

I love the Buffalo Grass

• robinandmarty
    13 years ago

The top photo that Scarlet Morgan posted under "Behr's Grass Cloth" is my kitchen. (Red floral curtains, red chairs) Below is a link to my entire kitchen:

Here is a link that might be useful: Alabama Slacker Mama Behr Grass Cloth Kitchen

• shirleymckeen
    8 years ago

What color could I use as a contrast wall with the color Buffalo grass?

• loribee
    8 years ago

Love the buffalo grass, too!

• JustDoIt
    8 years ago

Ditto on the buffalo grass. A much softer look.

• shirleymckeen
    8 years ago

What color could I use as a contrast color on one wall with buffalo grass?