Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicole74_gw

Please post photos of your bamboo shades!

nicole74
13 years ago

I am looking to change my shades in my breakfast area and I really love the look of bamboo shades. Problem is I can't find my window size at the store's, so I will have to order. I really would rather see them in person. I am looking on Overstock. There are many different names & colors. I just thought it would help if I could see others in homes. If you remember the name or color & where you got them, that would help a lot! Thank you!

Comments (24)

• aleighjc
    13 years ago

Have you checkeed at cost plus/world market? That's where we always get ours. No pics- sorry.

• whitdobe
    13 years ago

The ones in our family room are from Overstock. I think the color was Nantucket but they've been up for a while, over a year.

• rushmom3
    13 years ago

Nicole, I have been stressing about this decision. What I did was go to www.decorpad.com and do a search within "Photos" for "Bamboo blinds" and lots of pics will come up. I got a lot of ideas from there and saved many pics to my neverending folder of "inspiration ideas".

• nicole74
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for your responses! Whitdobe, your living room is beautiful!

I found a site that lets you order exact window sizes...

Payless Decor. I ordered free samples. Hopefully that will help me make a decision! I will post a pic of my kitchen today. Maybe someone can give me an idea for choosing a color. My cabinets are a toffee color but my table is very dark.

KEEP THE PHOTOS OF YOUR SHADES COMING!

• nicole74
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are some photos of my kitchen. Should I try to match bamboo shades to my cabinet color, table color or the rug under my table?

• erinsean
    13 years ago

I like what you have in your room.

• amykath
    13 years ago

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• cathrugg
    13 years ago

I agree with grandmaof3, I love it as is.

Your house would be an inspiration pic for me; it's gorgeous with the brown shades.

• amykath
    13 years ago

I meant to post how I love them as they are!!!!! i woudl not change a thing.

• nicole74
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Really? I just keep thinking it is all TOO much brown. I thought something different on the windows would maybe brighten it up a little. aktillery~ your home is gorgeous!

• kristinekr
    13 years ago

nicole, when I looked at your pics, I also thought your existing treatments look nice!

If you decide to change to bamboo--I think whatever color you like best will look good. I am doing grommet bamboo panels on my sliders and doing a medium shade--the darker shade that matched my espresso furniture, just looked too dark.

• fluffybutt
    13 years ago

I like it the way it is too. Your kitchen looks similiar to mine with the same configuration and cabinet color. I like your island better though!

• kristinekr
    13 years ago

Nicole,

I forgot to say in my previous post--I really like your floor tile. How do you keep the grout so clean? I have a lighter color grey grout and even with having it professionally cleaned and sealed--in just a few months time, it looks dirty again.

• greatgollymolly
    13 years ago

In checking bamboo prices online and local stores, I learned that Lowe's had the same exact blinds for $40 that were selling online for $60, so do compare prices if you have a Lowe's in your area. I don't know if they had them online. I saw them in the store.

• loribee
    13 years ago

I have the blinds from Lowe's and am very happy with them...but I LOVE what you currently have!

• stilldecorating
    13 years ago

Another vote for I love what you already have. I think the dark brown looks really nice.

• deeinohio
    13 years ago

Another vote for keeping what you have. And, on the subject of your floor tile, is it travertine? If not, can you share the tile manufacturer? It's the look I want for my laundry room.

Dee

• sallymo2015
    13 years ago

{{!gwi}}

Here's mine. I've really cleaned out a lot of fuss in my living room this past year. The variation in these blinds help blend in the light wood floor with the more medium stained pieces in the room.

However: even though I would have thought something a little lighter would have looked nice, your current shades fit nicely and look good. They do add too much brown to an already tan/brown room BUT by adding a colorful rug, chair cushions, centerpiece, etc, you would probably change your very pretty kitchen/breakfast room into something more striking with less cost.

• demifloyd
    13 years ago

• nicole74
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kristinekr~ I don't really do anything special to keep my grout clean. I just vacuum often & I use my swiffer wet jet :) I have 3 boys, so I am cleaning constantly!

deeinohio~ The tile is not travertine. I don't remember the manufacturer but I will try to look & see if we still have a box left over with the name!

I'm still torn about what to do with those windows! The family room & kitchen are one open space. I have a pretty bold rug in the family room, so I don't really want to put a different rug in the kitchen with more color. I am afraid it will clash.

• loribee
    13 years ago

Why not try a pretty piece of art and an awesome table runner with centerpiece and see if that works for you~

• mom2sethc
    13 years ago

Hello!

Another vote for keeping what you have! It looks wonderful!

• fluffybutt
    13 years ago

Perhaps add some cushions to the chairs in a fabric that has a color from your rug in the family room. Then add a runner and a bowl of fruit or centerpiece on the table. In my kitchen, that is similiar to yours, I put a round clock and some plates in the space above the windows to add some interest. If you replace the roman shades with woven wood, they are still going to be a brown color, although they will add some texture. I think you have a good foundation and just need to add some details and art.

• nicole__
    13 years ago

Yep....I'm in the keep what you have camp. It's very pretty! If you want an accent piece, something easy to change out...like a center piece for your table? Or.....an elongated skinny table along the windows.....