Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancybee_2010

Share pics of YOUR artwork

nancybee_2010
13 years ago

I really enjoyed seeing gobruno's beautiful painting on her recent post. Is anyone else here an artist? I would love to see pics of your artwork!

Comments (32)

• natesgram
    13 years ago

I'd love to be able to use a pencil or brush. This is a different type of art I used to do with natural woods.

• susieq07
    13 years ago

This is some of my art work, statues I've painted outside they were just concrete, inside some green/gray resin or just plaster/ceramic, I love to bring them to life..these are only a few..

my new dining room light which was all in the beige stone finish, when it arrived:

I use satin finish spray paints, mix my colors in the caps, and I use artist brushes, so I guess you could call it art work?

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

Here are a few of mine. Like my decorating I haven't decided on a style yet. I'm self taught so I try something new each time. The first picture is mounted tin foil with the faces molded in tin foil and painted with double pigment acrylic (most of my first paintings were in acrylic). The other three are oil and my only oils as I just started in this medium. I only do about one painting a year but when one of my grown boys leaves their room is becoming an art room. I'm looking forward to having a space so I can improve.

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/jterrilynn/?action=view&current=p1010044.jpg"; target="_blank">

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/jterrilynn/?action=view&current=p1010045.jpg"; target="_blank">

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/jterrilynn/?action=view&current=p1010039.jpg"; target="_blank">

My father in-law. This is painted from a little picture I took of him at the Cricketers in England.

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/jterrilynn/?action=view&current=p1010073-1.jpg"; target="_blank">

• natal
    13 years ago

Natesgram, I love your pieces ... especially the angel!

• caminnc
    13 years ago

Awesome work everyone! This is a painting I am working on. It is in its very early stages. In fact I have added in more colors since I took this picture. I think I will be adding live oak tree limbs(lots)on each side and maybe a sailboat and a few birds. It will be framed in a heavy black wood frame. Hope it turns out good enough that someone will want it.

• User
    13 years ago

Oh my...the talent here is wonderful. What a treat for the eyes. I wasn't going to open this thread...but I sure am glad I did. c

• stilldecorating
    13 years ago

Wow, everyone has such beautiful artwork!
    And caminnc- How amazing! You are so talented!

• sashasmommy
    13 years ago

All of these are amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the woodwork!

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am SO impressed! Thank you all for going to the trouble of sharing your pics. It seems to make sense that many people who are interested in decorating would also be artistic. I love how everyone's work is beautiful, but all so different!

• amykath
    13 years ago

Wow! Such talent here!

Here goes with mine. I am self taught so bear that in mind.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

I recently started a series of paintings on this subject matter and this particular one I did as a gift for a friend. It is two of our kids on the lake. I also included the bald eagle that graces us with its presence. I don't always get a chance to work on art for myself and hope to do more this summer. And, I too enjoy seeing other artist's work.

• noellabelle
    13 years ago

Those are all amazing!!!

I used to do quite a bit of drawing and painting, but I kind of switched to knitting and crafting as I had kids.

This isn't just me, but I just love this painting I did with my 6 & 5 year old girls. I limited the palate and taped off rectangles (mostly b/c my younger dd gets really paint happy and would paint all over her sister's work w/out boundaries!)

how it looks on our mantle

I have some watercolors I did in the girls room, but I can't find any pics of them on my computer.

And not my "art", but I just refound this pic looking for something else. I did dye all the yarn and knitted these longies pants when my son was a baby (so that's kinda artsy!), and I love how he blends into the real art, trying to eat the painted lollipop!

• gobruno
    13 years ago

Wow, what beautiful art. Paintergirl and caminnc, I am a sucker for beautiful landscapes and love yours! Hence my recent attempt at my own landscape. You guys really do some beautiful stuff. May be one day when I'm retired and my kids are grown, I'll look into learning how to really paint. Thanks for sharing your art!

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Gobruno, I think you're the one who inspired nancybee to start this post. You definitely have artistic abilities and it would be a shame to put it on the back burner. At the very least, think of it as therapy while your kids are growing up.
    I look forward to seeing more of your creations!!

• kristinekr
    13 years ago

such talents! jterrilynn, i love your style! aktillery, the last one is wonderful. noellabelle, you inspired me to use my girl's work (and love the pic of your son!)

• caminnc
    13 years ago

Gobruno, I love your stair painting too! Paintgirl94 that painting is amazingly beautiful. I am self taught and will never be nearly as good as you. One can only dream! We have some real talent here, keep them coming!!!

• cliff_and_joann
    13 years ago

Gorgeous paintings everyone, it has been my observation
    that talented people are multi talented as witnessed
    on this thread.
    noella, that photo is priceless, I hope you have it framed and hanging somewhere in your house.

natesgram, beautiful artwork...
    All the paintings are simply wonderful.

Joann

• sundownr
    13 years ago

All kinds of beautiful art! That bench with your baby is incredible, noellabelle, as is your family art. I love the "wood" paintings and the "paint" paintings! Lovely work, all.

Here's mine. I started wildlife photography in 2003 and finally printed some a couple of months ago. I couldn't decide how to frame and hang them and finally settled for no frames and some shelves. I couldn't choose a favorite so they are kind of overloaded but I like how they turned out. They are in my dining room.

{{!gwi}}

• prairiemom61
    13 years ago

Your intarsia is beautiful! My BIL does this amazing, rare woodwork, I love to see it.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Camm - STOP! It is lovely... do not over-"improve"

Everything here is so pretty. I am in awe of all the talent.

Sundownr - I love your collection exactly as is. I'd love to put something like that in our boys' room.

• regina_phalange
    13 years ago

All of my paintings are in boxes at this point...we just moved. I did find a bunch of nudes that I did in college but I'm guessing no one wants me to post those paintings/drawings here, ha ha.

noellabelle - I love the painting that you did with your daughters. That's a brilliant idea! I would have never thought to do the grids but now I'm going to do the same with my boys. Thanks for inspiring me! Plus, I love that your wool is considered art too. I'd have to agree! While I've never died my own yarn, when I knit ds longies, it definitely feels like art to me :).

• regina_phalange
    13 years ago

*dyed

• sashasmommy
    13 years ago

I wish I could do watercolor, but for now I settle with photography of our travels, and playing with them in PhotoShop. Here's a an HDR photo from our recent trip to Spain.

• MiMi
    13 years ago

I painted this mural in my bathroom, I've got more if you want to see?

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

dbefire, wow that's nice. I want to paint a mural on a wall near my inside entrance but have not decided what yet. Because I do not paint often and am self taught its both painfull and rewarding. Maybe once I get caught up on some of the work around here and my mind is free I'll give it a shot.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

dbefire, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see more! That's amazing-!

• ghostlyvision
    13 years ago

I'd love to see more also, that is stunning, dbfirewife!

What a talented bunch of folks, great art work!

• MiMi
    13 years ago

Well thanks! and here you go... here's another one.. I have to take a picture of them kinda from the side or the varnish makes a glare...

• cth-1027
    13 years ago

dbfirewife - just lovely!

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Sigh! Love it all - tons of talent! I stopped painting 15 years ago and then DS1 asked me to paint Rudolph for him. This was my 1st attempt to paint after that lobg hiatus. It's rough but he loved it. You can't see it in the pic put the snow mounds and flakes are irridescent. I like to paint primitive country style.

• MiMi
    13 years ago

Thanks! I need to mention that I love the old masters and paint a lot of their works..it's my favorite era. Especially Daniel Ridgway Knight whose favorite subjects were Paris peasants and farm laborers. I do not sell them , I only paint them for myself.

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

dbfirewife, your mural and painting are amazing and so prefessional as well as beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sashasmommy, I love that creative picture that is amazing with the enhancements!

ttodd, if I was a child, I would love that picture on my wall in my bedroom. Great painting!

sundownr, love your photography and how you show it. Thanks for sharing.

paintergirl94, LOVE that painting you created which is so realistic!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida