Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best table for staging this room.

Posted by aktillery (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 13:28

This room is now empty and ready to decorate. I will use curtains, area rug, sofa and side tables with lamps, art and two side chairs one with a table and lamp.

This will be on the market and I was wondering would it look better with a round table, small antique rectangular table ot ottoman.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

1091_43747816337_526261337_1614216_783_a

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best table for staging this room.

With all the bold square or rectangular lines in your room, I would try a round table.

Red

o

I'm going to say round for the reason above as well as an antique table being more taste specific

o
thanks for your ideas

Thanks Red and Remodelfla. Yes the entire house is boxy so I also think round will work well.

o

An oval table might work too - something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Room and Board table

o
thanks pip

Thanks pip! Very cool table! Just might be a bit too modern and big.

o

I would make sure the rug is under the front legs of the seating, but NO table at all. Leave the floor space open if this is just for staging.

o

I ditto what Les says. Leave it open. It's a small space and the table will just make it look smaller.

o

I would not spend any money on table simply to stage the room. The table that is there seem fairly "airy" and doesn't take up much visual space, so I'd leave it or have not table at all. You might want to consider removing the rug to show off the large expanse of hardwood flooring.

o
thank you!

Thanks! The rug and everything is gone. I have a small coffee table already that I can use and I have a light colored rug. I like to stage a room in the way I would want to see it
..lived in and real. I will post when I am done and you can give me your thoughts. The entire house is an expanse of hardwoods. There are no rugs and it seems cold with no delineation of spaces.

Thanks for your input!

o

I like to see "lived in" rooms as well and I think it helps people who have trouble visualizing furniture arrangements etc...
Can't wait to see!

o
agree

Thanks Lori!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here