Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

Boys bedding

musicteacher
10 years ago

I know places like Pottery barn have cute bedding for boys, but I need a less expensive alternative. The cheaper places seem to have really ugly, gaudy stuff like spongebob. Any ideas where I could find nice sheets and quilts for my 3 and 5 year old gradsons?

Comments (17)

• meghnjosh
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I've had good luck buying bedding fm overstock...I esp love their Tommy Hilfiger bedding options...

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Target.

or ebay or etsy

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

PB on eBay

• mellyc123
    10 years ago

PB outlets also or other stores such as Marshalls or TJMAXX

Amazon ...
    What style and quality are you looking for?

Here is a link that might be useful: dinosaur bedding

• rdquilter
    10 years ago

I just got nice quilts for my grandsons at bed bath beyond after lots of searching! My sil had coupons and I got a good price on sheets As well. They were plaid quilts.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Also check HomeGoods if you have one in your area.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

IKEA and H&M, and I'd go for duvet covers. Easier for them to learn how to make their beds at an early age.

IKEA

Between 15.00 and 25.00 a set.

H&M

all around 25.00 fo ra set

I've been quite impressed with their qwuality. Also, check their sale.

Can be all ordered online.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I was going to say Ikea as well. I am pretty sure that is where I bought my son's bedding when he was little ~30 years ago. :)

It is still my favorite for little boys! We had the sheets and the quilt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cars and trucks

• kateskouros
    10 years ago

i'm not a fan of licensed product sheeting. i really like solid navy blue sheeting with a patchwork madras quilt and matching pillow shams.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I agree with Kate regarding licensed product sheeting. I like the looks of Land's End oxford stripe sheeting, a solid Pendleton wool blanket, and/or a plaid coverlet. I also like LL Bean for reasonably priced bedding.

There are so many lovely options that don't include cartoon characters or super heroes. With that being said if your little guy just loves a character set go for it.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I moved to an Amish color block quilt when DS was around 8 years old, but when he was younger, he loved the bright cars, trucks, and buses on the Marimekko Bo Boo bedding. So did I. Did I mention that one of his favorite books was Let's Go Trucks!? I also let him choose the color for his room-bright saturated green-perfect with the bedding! :). It was most definitely a happy space.

Sorry, don't know how to underline book titles on the iPad.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Cyn, the cars and trucks bedding is super cute for young boys. I love all the bright colors and can see how cheerful it would make a boy's room!

• noellabelle
    10 years ago

I got my son's bedding on cl, and it was from land of nod...love it! I've also found cute sets on ebay, and we also have tommy hilfiger sheets that have been great...I think I got ours on amazon.

• geokid
    10 years ago

I got a multicolored patchwork quilt for my son's room at Target about four years ago. It has held up very well. I throw it in the wash every month or so and so far no fraying or fading or unraveling, etc.

Both of these look similar to items that Pottery Barn is currently selling.

• allison0704
    10 years ago

DD2 just purchased DGS an organic pillowcase and duvet cover for his toddler bed from two etsy shops. I've never searched etsy for twin bedding, but I bet someone sells it.

• musicteacher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks to all of you. I finally found some cute little airplane sheets at Home Goods, and settled for plain striped comforter. I would have liked to have found a solid color quilt though. Don't know why I didn't think of Ikea, they have such cute children's stuff. From what I saw online though, it would have been a little more expensive since I would have to buy the duvet cover and the insides for it. Anyway, what I got is in primary colors so it should be easy to coordinate curtains or whatever else they need. Being a grandma it fun!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

It sounds like a fun combination.

I personally grew up with duvet covers and like the ease of making beds and also not having to wrestle with top sheet and blanket etc....
    Their duvet insides come in various degrees of thickness, so I switch from thicker to thinner to just the duvet cover with increasing temperatures.