Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safavieh

Posted by deee (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 13:07

I see many stylish and inexpensive decor items online from Safavieh - accent furniture, rugs, etc. I never really heard much about the company. Is it a private label company that caters to places like Overstock and Joss and Main? Or is it an established company that has been expanding?

Everything is so inexpensive. It makes me wonder about the quality. Have you made any Safavieh purchases?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safavieh

Safavieh is an established company known over the years mainly for rugs. In our area (NY) they operate a number of home stores that sell mostly mid to high end furniture brands (most not their own). I have ordered a few of their smaller rugs from Overstock, which have all ended up in closets. But I have seen lovely ones in their stores. Their own brand of decor and accent furniture items usually look cheap to me.

When I have shopped there, I get a sleazy vibe so even though they carry many of the brands I later bought, I purchased them elsewhere.

o
RE: Safavieh

I was excited to go into one of their stores a couple of weeks ago (we were at a mall we don't usually visit), but I hardly spent any time in there. I had seen their rugs on overstock, but the ones in the store were marked on sale for $12,000.....not that they weren't lovely, but that is way in a different league than what their brand sells for online, so I didn't even bother to look at them since they're obviously a much different product.

The furniture there was very high end, like a pp said, and I was nervous that my children would break something.....I also didn't have a comfortable feel for the vibe in the store.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here