Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craigslist deals of the day - part 2

Posted by doodledog (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 12:47

The previous thread hit its limit. I bought these yesterday - 2 Ethan Allen chairs for $50 each. Unfortunately the fabric doesn't match my decor. Might have to learn to make slipcovers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craigslist deals of the day - part 2

About the last item posted on the previous thread: I found the same item for sale in Santa Rosa for $1,000.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drexel Chinoiserie breakfront

o

Wow Suero! Much better pics but a much better price on my end! Ooooh, I hope I get it!

o

What do you think of this coffee table?

o

Supposedly from the mid 70s

o

I love both of them! The second one in particular is so cool. It likely has a lower profile though so I would keep that in mind.
It could also possibly serve as an end table depending on the measurements.

The first one looks like it could be at home in a more casual setting and would also allow a patterned rug to show through better than the second one.

I think they are both wonderful finds! I'd be tempted to buy both of them if the price is right and ask questons later, LOL

o

I love that second one.

What do you all think of this?

It says 10 yr old custom made mohair.

o

Nosoccermom, I've been trying to figure out what I didn't like about the first one. I have a version of the glass/brass LaBarge coffee tables we see posted a lot and I like rustic, like the base of that one. I think I didn't like the rustic base with the cleaner look of the glass, for some reason. The pairing seems off.

That second one made my heart pitter-patter!

o

First one is sold (for 100.00), second one is still available for 450.00. Helas, DH vetoed it because it's "too shiny."

o

Heywood-Wakefield Butterfly table for 200.00 with two extension leaves

o

Haha! I'd tell him, "It's just the flash" :)

I'd have to pass at 450, anyway. My Goodwill coffee table was $40 and I hemmed and hawed 'til I almost lost it to another buyer.

o

Had to revive this thread, perfect item for the unfitted kitchen I think:

Here is a link that might be useful: Craiglist table Columbus OH

o

I'm picking this up tomorrow. Hopefully I'm getting a good deal, but I'm excited either way! We are buying our first house and the kitchen is limited on storage. I'm new here and really looking forward to bending everyone's ear when we get the keys next week... I've been lurking for a while now and can't wait to jump in :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigslist Baker's Rack

o

Not everyone's style, but look at this vintage art decor living room set for $100!

Here is a link that might be useful: Art Deco Sofa

o
Lovely mirrored sideboard-$50

Love the mirror and hardware. $50.

Here is a link that might be useful: Listing

o

Not craigslist--a tag sale. Love these, never seen any like them before! Wish I had a place to use them.

o

I'm not sure if this is a deal...but I'm sure it's creepy.

Here is a link that might be useful: animal head sofa

o

A lot of stuff for 300.00

Do you think that table is veneer?

Here is a link that might be useful: dining room

o

4 chairs for $200 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What a steal and a fun group for a cottage, play room or loft, but my colors are light blue blue and green. I see this paired with a striped cotton rug from Dash and Albert.

Here is a link that might be useful: CL post

o

Kitchen Island and two bar stools. Saw this at Ikea on Memorial Day. Had it on my list to purchase. Saw it on Craig's List 3 days later and grabbed it. And it was less than 3 miles from home (closer than Ikea). All hardwood with the exception of the divider in the middle. The top is thick oak butcherblock. Stainless steel shelves. Perfect condition, the stainless steel shelves even still have the protective plastic on them. It's for our shore house. Ikea list price is $399 for the island and $69/each for the stools. I got all for $180. Our kitchen cabinets are coming on Friday. They are Wolf white painted shaker. So this goes perfectly. My husband was getting annoyed because he just laid the floor and all I was excited about was the deal that I got...LOL

o

Wow, perfect timing!

o

We've been looking for a pantry or any type of furniture with many shallow drawers on Craigslist for our breezeway. Everyone wanted a huge amount for a small piece of furniture with drawers - all pantries were part of kitchens which were overpriced and I didn't need a full kitchen. I expanded my search, and found this 9 hours after it had been posted - I checked early Sunday morning, so that helped. It was listed as a "kitchen hutch" - plywood boxes, roll outs, too tall but we measured and know we can make it fit (we know to use the Pythagorean Theorem to tilt that box up!) - I love power tools! We will swap the doors to the opposite cabinets, then put them unfinished side to unfinished side, pop a piece of stained moulding on top across both cabinets, then a small piece down the middle. Voila! 2 pantries!

My DH and I are at a show down about the center pieces and where to put them. I say "she with the power tools wins."

The cabinets look a little odd in the photo on the right - they are really pretty. One of the muntins needs to be re-glued, but it is there. We paid the asking price, drum roll please...........$100. And the very nice gentleman delivered them for $75. We could not have purchased one Ikea pantry for twice that amount. And these are a little shallower, (21" deep) which is what we wanted. I love Craigslist!

o

Wow--that's a fabulous deal and very smart thinking on your part. Conngratulations!

o

Holy cow! What a steal! I love all of the pull-outs.

o

Awesome pantry cabinet! And what a deal.

o

40.00/chair; 3 available

o

Oh I want two of those for my dining room!!

o

looks too much like a handicapped bath seat for me.

o

LOL. They look better from the side. I may get them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here