Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
three3apples

Source needed for dark wood stain venetian blinds.

three3apples
10 years ago

Are all brands created equally? I need something 40 x 70 tall. Drapery installer said Home Depot and Lowe's offer nice ones you can order. Are these good? Thanks.

Comments (4)

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Higher end brands are always available, but I honestly don't know the difference. I do know that DD/DH had a local manufacture in our area make theirs, and the stain has faded quite a bit, after almost 7 years. In the Tx sunlight that's probably inevitable, but you may not have a problem in your area. There may be a better finish on the more expensive ones.

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

I've heard that real wood blinds tend to warp so that might be something to consider.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I used blindsgalore.com and was very happy with them. I got their brand but they also carry Levolor, Bali and Graber. They seem to always have a sale going.

• jerseygirl_1
    10 years ago

I bought mine at Lowes. They are Levelor. We've had them up for 7 years. The ones in our Master BR get full sun exposure all year long which really get intense during the summer. No warping or fading as some mention. As a matter of fact, I had custom wooden blinds in my last Master Bath for 14 yrs and never had an issue with warping or fading. I could really no difference between custom or store bought.

I really don't like the fake wooden blinds. I think they look fake. JMHO