Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snickysnacker_gw

colorcharts.org- Cant get onto this site anymore

snickysnacker
15 years ago

I found colorcharts.org (the actual web address is colorcharts.org/ccorg/) while browsing here on this site a while ago and I love it. You type in the paint color name and then this site tells you other paint brands that match it or are close to it. Now, I cant get onto it, what gives??

Comments (25)

• wearybuilder
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Try easyrgb.com

I really like it....

• User
    15 years ago

Snickysnacker,
    Is there a color you are trying to match?
    For some strange reason, I'm still able to get in and I'd be happy to do a look up for you,

• positano
    15 years ago

Do they match Farrow and Ball? Is so do you mind matching
    F&B Fawn?

Sorry to hijack!!

• User
    15 years ago

For F&B Fawn

MS Living-- Buckwheat 95.2%
    Duron and SW --Relaxed Khaki 94.2%
    P&L (Canada)-- Market Square Tavern shell 93.5%
    Valspar--Burning Sand 93.1%
    MS Living-- Georgia Beach 92.3%

there was no BM match.

• ttodd
    15 years ago

Fawn Closest Matches:

Duron Inc
    SW 6149 Relaxed Khaki
    TGHW-0RL5-LKE9 Score 94.2

Sherwin Williams
    SW 6149 Relaxed Khaki
    TGHW-0RL5-LKE9 Score: 94.2

Dutch Boy
    Candlewood Hill 3I-4
    5FNR-5GC5-RT15 Score: 94.1

PARA Paints
    P892-4 Country Hearth
    VPX4-7QCM-REX5 Score: 94.1

Pratt & Lambert
    CW703 Market Square Ta...
    28N0-PEC5-Q605 Score: 93.5

Martin Senour
    CW703 Market Square Ta...
    28N0-PEC5-Q605 Score: 93.5

Valspar Corporation
    10007 Burning Sand ...
    7F6R-3QGM-RJT5 Score: 93.1

• positano
    15 years ago

Wow, thank you so much! I'll give them a try. TTod are those formula mixes?

• positano
    15 years ago

Could you do one more? Benjamin Moore Crown Point Sand. thanks!

• tammy518
    15 years ago

Could someone possibly look up matches for F & B Blue Gray and Light Blue?

• User
    15 years ago

Benjamin Moore
    0242 Laurel Canyon Beige
    7E7L-NNAR-Q079 Score: 97.5
    Behr
    Camouflage C60-43
    2NUL-3GGM-QTU5 Score: 94.6
    Duron Inc
    SW 6156 Ramie
    7DF9-NGAR-RG75 Score: 94.5
    Sherwin Williams
    SW 6156 Ramie
    7DF9-NGAR-RG75 Score: 94.5

Debbie Travis
    N22A - Organic Field
    8P3T-JEE8-QQT9 Score: 94.4
    Canadian Tire
    N22A - Organic Field
    8P3T-JEE8-QQT9 Score: 94.4
    NCS
    S 2010-Y10R
    31FA-9GA8-Q465 Score: 93.9
    ICI Paints
    4424 Straw 45YY 53/151
    VCFR-6EGL-QA69 Score: 92.8

Glidden
    Straw 45YY 53/151
    ICI Paints
    Bellcourt Castle 45YY ...
    Color Your World
    Straw 92.8%

F&B Blue Gray
    3 excellent matches

Valspar Corporation
    40018 Urban Loft
    5BV4-BYG5-JHL5 Score: 96.9
    C2
    Russian Olive C2-8056
    XE58-W1JM-K4Q9 Score: 95.2
    California Paints
    Antique Coin DE6270
    1MWD-T7Q4-KGD9 Score: 93.8

13 Very Good matches for 'UTLQ-BYEM-KWP5'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diamond Vogel Paints
    8401 - Song Of Nature
    Y4L7-C1AL-J5G9 Score: 91.6
    Color Systems Internat...
    8401 - Song Of Nature
    Coronado Paint Company
    8401 - Song Of Nature
    Bruning Paint Company
    8401 - Song Of Nature

Rodda Paint Co.
    8401 - Song Of Nature
    Cloverdale Paint
    8401 - Song Of Nature
    Hallman Lindsay Qualit...
    8401 - Song Of Nature
    Kelly-Moore Paints
    KM3892-2 Song of Nature

Pratt & Lambert
    2228 Contemplation
    T6MB-0YNM-K8C9 Score: 90.3
    Pratt & Lambert
    19-28 Contemplation
    T6MB-0YNM-K8C9 Score: 90.3
    Masterchem Industries,...
    31D2-03 Quail Gray
    85VR-AYG5-K1P5 Score: 88.2
    Rona Inc.
    31D2-03 Quail Gray
    85VR-AYG5-K1P5 Score: 88.2

American Pride Paints
    153-4 Prairie Path
    06LK-C7EL-K5A9 Score: 88.0

LIGHT BLUE

1 Excellent matches for '41HT-BRCR-K4G9'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sto Corp.
    5PRV-TFGR-J4R5 Score: 95.4

5 Very Good matches for '41HT-BRCR-K4G9'

ICI Paints
    Dusty Miller 50GY 45/037
    1HDP-Y1A5-JQJ5 Score: 87.2
    Engelhard Corporation
    Cordoba 3524-T
    6J9J-TFC8-JGK9 Score: 86.7
    Duron Inc
    SW 7058 Magnetic Gray
    T60Y-UFE5-K0R9 Score: 86.3
    Sherwin Williams
    SW 7058 Magnetic Gray
    T60Y-UFE5-K0R9 Score: 86.3

Dutch Boy
    Crashing Waves 9I-4
    7A4H-YYQQ-KVA5 Score: 86.2

• ttodd
    15 years ago

I don't know if those are the formulations - it's just how it is listed on colorcharts.

I do not subscribe so to be honest (I really am not trying to be difficult) I try not to abuse using colorcharts.org. I had it 'taken away' from me the last time that I posted a bunch of matches for a lot of people. I periodically 'pop in' but I won't abuse it for the masses and I'll leave it at that. If somebody does subscribe and would like to share matches for everyone that'd be great. I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.

I can share w/ you what I had written down for Light Blue from awhile ago. I have SW & BM near me and that's what I prefer to use so some of the colors are color matches of color matches if you follow my line of thought.

Light Blue:

BM Imperial Gray #1571
    SW Magnetic Grey #7058

• positano
    15 years ago

Thank you for posting and I totally understand!

• tammy518
    15 years ago

Thanks, ttodd. I understand. I was going to get samples of the F & B, and I've ordered from their Web site before, but now I can't seem to order online. When I get to the log in prompt, it tells me I've got the wrong password, but I know it's right. There's no option to just order without having an account. Like you, I would prefer BM or SW as they are easily accessible.

Does anyone know how much the subscription is for Colorcharts.org?

• tammy518
    15 years ago

Forgot to say thanks, Chloe45!

• ttodd
    15 years ago

Colorcharts must check-in on Gardenweb or something because that how I got shut-down last time.

I'm going to try on last time to subscribe because I think that they are a valuable resource. It's a shame that people were actually downloading their entire site and then using it commercially. They ruined it for the masses.

Thanks for understanding and Chloe - if you do subscribe can you tell us how you got them to reply back to you? More than 1 person her has tried.

Thanks!

• parhelia
    15 years ago

Is there no other website for this? I found a Glidden paint chip that I think I really like, but I don't want to use Glidden paint. I generally use Valspar, though I recently helped a friend with Killz paint from Walmart, and it was pretty good stuff!

I'm looking for a match to Inkberry, 73RB 08/259.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

• equest17
    15 years ago

To those interested in registering with Colorcharts.org, here is the email I received from them regarding how to become a user. If you do a lot of painting, $40 isn't too bad; you could recoup that after only a few gallons of less expensive paint!

"Unfortunately the colorcharts.org site will not be back up or open to the general public. We were getting hacked by several commercial entities so it became necessary to stop it before our digital paint color databases were stolen. This is purely a case where a few have ruined a very good resource for many.

From this point forward our fandeck databases will only be available from within our CBN Selector paint visualization/fandeck management software or our CBN Formulator software. If you are currently using either of these programs you already have full access to the databases and the same search and query functionality within the software.

When using our software you will be able to download entire fandeck collections into our software on your computer which will also allow you to use and query all the fandecks previously available at colorcharts.org. Because our digital fandeck collections will now be resident within our software on your computer you will also have full access when off-line or when you are mobile on a laptop.

I dont know if you are aware of the value of our databases but each color chip in the database was scanned using a high end scientific spectrophotometer at a cost of about 10$ each. There are more than 300,000 color listed so this gives you an idea of the value of the databases you were accessing.

The above fact is also the key to making our CBN Selector software the only true WYSIWYG paint color visualization system on the market today. Everyone elseÂs paint color visualizerÂs contains a warning statement that the color is only a close representation and should not be relied upon.

Calibrate your monitor, use high quality accurate data and you can manage colors from additive color to subtractive color just as easily as any graphic artist. Printing ink and paint colorant have a lot of similarities, they are both pigment ground up in a clear carrier. You already know that all desktop graphic artists manage color from additive color to subtractive color and do color correction on their desktops with spectacular results. Why would you think the same is not available to you when managing paint colors?

To become a registered user all you need to do is buy a 1 year userÂs license of our CBN Selector software which will allow you full downloadable access to our databases for $39.95. I guess there are 2 ways to look at this, $39.95 for a one year subscription to a continuously updated very accurate paint manufacturerÂs colors database with the CBN Selector being provided freely to manage the information or $39.95 for the software.

I do feel badly for those that canÂt or do not want to purchase a license/subscription to our software/databases but we were not left with any other options.

I should mention our digital fandecks are in our own proprietary .cbn format which is derived from and contain the original color curve spectral reflectance data and therefore can only be used from within our software. It is because of the high quality and accuracy of .cbn codes we can also use them for paint color formulation purposes. CBN codes are not exportable to any other software formats.

Ken

CBN, Technical Support Team

kturpin@cbnsystem.com"

• User
    15 years ago

Parhelia, there is only one match and it is from Engelhard corporation and only a 85% match I've never heard of that paint.

• budge1
    15 years ago

parhelia, if you have a paint chip, you can take it to a BM dealer (and I'm sure others do this too) they will colour match it for you.

Some companies, like f&b, use completely different bases for their paints than other companies, so the colour may be similar but the depth and intensity is likely to be quite different.

• snickysnacker
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the responses! I am dissappointed that the company had to change their format. I really loved that site. I was wondering what color was close to RH Flax, if any one wants to check it for me. If not, no problem, thanks for taking the time to answer my original post!

• mailynn
    15 years ago

here you go. Have fun since I'm not anywhere closer to choosing a paint for my kitchen. Too amny choices. LOL

1 Identical matches for 'TYL6-D9LQ-D9R9'

Restoration Hardware
    Flax
    TYL6-D9LQ-D9R9
    Score: 100.0

1 Excellent matches for 'TYL6-D9LQ-D9R9'

Benjamin Moore
    Taupe
    2B40-B9LR-DMR9
    Score: 92.7

14 Very Good matches for 'TYL6-D9LQ-D9R9'

BASF Building Systems
    463-N Dark Almond
    30CL-W7NQ-CMF9
    Score: 90.4

BASF Wall Systems, Inc.
    AC-531 Pacific Grey
    01VA-W9N8-CWA5
    Score: 90.0

Home Hardware
    6J1-7 Innovation
    V8V1-F7L8-C1Q5
    Score: 88.4

Davis Colors
    MC 60 (4 boxes)
    7RLM-UYQR-C5F5
    Score: 88.1

Betonel Ltee
    9114-F - Hazelnut crunch
    2FV6-AYJ4-C9J9
    Score: 87.9

Mills Paint
    9114-F - Hazelnut crunch
    2FV6-AYJ4-C9J9
    Score: 87.9

Sico Inc.
    6186-63 Cotton Duck
    XV4J-BYN4-DHA9
    Score: 86.8

Rona Inc.
    6186-63 Cotton Duck
    XV4J-BYN4-DHA9
    Score: 86.8

Disney
    C1-5 Pridelands
    X6DD-XYAR-C9H9
    Score: 86.5

General Paint
    Hymnos CL 2836A
    3Q51-CYJQ-CDR5
    Score: 85.8

Frazee Industries (PPI)
    Hymnos CL 2836A
    3Q51-CYJQ-CDR5

Kwal-Howells Paint
    Hymnos CL 2836A
    3Q51-CYJQ-CDR5

Parker Paint Mfg Co Inc
    Hymnos CL 2836A
    3Q51-CYJQ-CDR5

Color Wheel Paints & C...
    Hymnos CL 2836A
    3Q51-CYJQ-CDR5

• parhelia
    15 years ago

Thank for the info!

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    15 years ago

Um. Wow. What it takes to move about the worlds of additive and subtractive, in and out, over and under, back and forth is complicated. I would hotly contest the WYSIWYG comment and what graphic artists have to do relative to printing and the comparison color charts is making to paint colors. A major component to printing/ printing inks is the color of the paper, the substrate. Paper comes in different colors and even different "whiteness" -- it matters to how the printed colors look. It's a completely different ball game with paint because paint is all about stuff like the titanium dioxide (Ti02) and opacity and coverage - the objective is to *repaint*, to completely negate the color of the substrate. Not *include* it, or use it, to build upon to get to the final appearance of color desired. Not to mention the disimilar dimensions - paint world is 3D, graphics world is not and the differences that brings are lengthy and complicated as well. Maybe the statements in that email just need reworked a little or I need to reread with different eyes. I dunno, but please...

Use color charts with caution. It's good for a lot of things, handy for a lot of color investigating, pondering, playing - I love their Color By Number software. Totally worth the cost, IMO.

But... spectral curves be darned if your color doesn't have a complete and spot on 100% match in another brand, then it's not the same color. Period.

Get chips. Compare. Use actual paint chips for color matching from brand to brand.

• colorluver_gmail_com
    15 years ago

Hi all, no need to worry! www.myperfectcolor.com has over 100 brands of colors they have matched for you to view on your screen just like colorcharts.org. Not only can you view any color matched to any brand, they also send you a small mini can made with Benjamin Moore paint to test any one of the colors to make sure you like it before you buy it. MyPerfectColor.com is a third generation paint company based out of NJ and they are the best resource for finding and testing colors in the world. I am sorry to see Colorcharts.org Close there free services but MyPerfectColor is much more robust and consumer friendly site with an actual paint store behind it with experience dating back to 1924. There site is Free, Free, Free and with such additions as designer corner now you can read amazing blogs about color also. Good luck

ColorLuver

• rehoboth_q_com
    12 years ago

How are you guys getting these matches if cbn no longer works? I can't even get them to answer my emails. I feel like I'm "screwed" out of the $39.95 I paid to purchase it properly.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH