Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color bedding would you do in a room with sage green walls?

Posted by sonaliagrawal (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 22, 11 at 12:33

This is a guest bedroom, barely any sun, but a big window. The walls are painted 50% strength of baby turtle (BM color). The furniture is an espresso colored wood furniture. What color bedding would you do in it?

Any pics of your green / sage bedroom would be nice to look at as well! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color bedding would you do in a room with sage green wal

When I think of a green bedroom, I see either/or a mixture of cream or rose. Kind of a garden feel. Especially with the dark wood furniture.

o

We used a white/ivory combination for our bedroom (doesn't get sun most of the day):

Photobucket

o

I had black and white toile in my previous home's guest room with sage green walls. It looked great!

o

I used white bedding. I still like it very much, it looks so clean and crisp. I could not find pillows or bedding that had the same green or even close which is why I went with white and am glad I did. I still carry a paint chip with me, just in case!

o

In our master bedroom we have RH's Silver Sage on the walls -- and use Ralph Lauren's Sussex Gardens comforter and shams in the summer months. Nice colors for the warmer months!

Here's an older photo of our summer bed -- I do have a collection of satin comforters -- so I fold a green one or an orange one at the bottom of the bed. And the lady-in-green portrait moves into the living room for the summer now -- and another artwork lives above the bed! :)

Summer Bed June 2, 2008

o

I've always liked periwinkle with green.

o

I like white-hoosiergirl's room is much like mine except my furniture is lighter, but that black and white toile also sounds wonderful! I have thought of b/w toile for windows or a chair I am going to reupholster.

o

I used purple and gold. Wall is RH Silver Sage.

o

White/cream, burgundy/red looks good also.

o

I am having a custom-made bedspread in black and white toile and just recently had the window treatments made. I used Ben Moore Saybrook Sage and the room looks great. I used BM White Dove on the trim and the room looks crisp and clean. Will post pics when the bedspread is delivered.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here