Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancybee_2010

anele, a question

nancybee_2010
10 years ago

Hi anele,

You said on peegee's thread that you are starting a blog. Is it about decorating or?? You are such an interesting and thoughtful presence on GW, I would love to read it.

Does anyone else here have a blog?

Comments (13)

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Nancybee, I think this is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me! You have made my year!

Do you have a blog? If so, would you please link me?

I will link below to mine, but I don't know how interesting it is. :) Very random thoughts about whatever.

Thank you so much for your message. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your words.

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my good heavens Anele, you have me hooked. Love your blog!

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing your blog, anele. I'm hooked too! Especially loved 'Do I have enough spouses'. I always thought I needed a wife. But now that my DH is retired, I think I have one. He makes a pretty good 'wife' as well as a darned great husband. I playfully call him my House Beatch on occasion.

• User
    10 years ago

Anele what a moving and thought provoking piece on estate sales. Thank you for the link to your blog. You are an excellent writer ! c

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh anele I see I was right about you! You are so sweet. Thank you for the link to your blog!

(and to answer your question- I don't have my own blog :)

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Holly-Kay, thank you so much! That means a lot to me.

Outsideplaying, that made me laugh out loud! I think you have the best of both worlds with that husband of yours!

Trail, thank you so much for reading and commenting! I am glad you did not find it too morbid. :)

Nancybee, thank you so much again. If you ever decide to blog, please let me know!

• jmck_nc
    10 years ago

Anele,
    Infrequent poster here but wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog. Wish I knew you in person!
    Judy

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

Nancybee thanks for asking Anele about her blog - I've been reading it this morning and thoroughly enjoying it. And of course another thank you to Anele for sharing her thoughts. I don't read too many blogs for fear that I'll find myself sucked into someone else's life - it's all too easy to start reading and then before you know it you've lost half the morning.

So I try to only follow those blogs that are beneficial to me. Now that might seem rather shallow but honestly I really don't need to read about 30 different ways to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I might try one or two versions but I know I'll probably return to my tried and true grilled sandwich. Or if I'm hooked on a decorating blog will I truly energize myself to redo any room in my home - I like them as they are. It's not necessary to constantly 'freshen' which is the impulse I get after reading about a fabulous makeover.

Anele I find your blog offers a slightly different take. In this case "different is a good thing" to paraphrase your take on decorating. I know I'll return to read more.

Your post on your children and their seemingly lack of interest in toys was insightful. The mention of play silks got my attention. I remember my own kids playing with bed sheets and how inventive they could be. However the play silks are beautiful in their own right - did you dye them yourself? I'd love to purchase some as gifts for my niece. I guess I could check etsy.

Thank you again.

Maire

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Anele - you could be a writer. Thanks so much for sharing your blog.

tina

• funkyart
    10 years ago

Oh what a lovely day to stop in GW. Anele, I've been wondering how you are doing-- what you are doing. I've missed you and your insights here.

I happen to be home tending a nasty cold today-- feeling blah, worn out and tired.. and then I found this post and your blog. Love your take on the world, girl! You brightened up my day..
    You're a gem and can't wait to read more from you!

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Hi, Judy! Thanks so much for sharing that. I often think of how wonderful it would be to know GWers in person! I hope you post here more!

Maire Cate, I very much appreciate your thoughts. I know exactly what you mean. It is so easy to get sucked into people's lives-- which isn't always a bad thing if we want to escape our own for a bit, but it can be draining. And yes, the decorating blogs have the same effect on me.

I did not dye the playsilks myself. Well, I should say I tried once . . .one of the few times I gave out party favors, it was mini-playsilks in small silk bags, dyed with Kool-Aid. They were passable, but not the outcome I'd hoped for.

The first ones I ever ordered were from Fairycove.com
    Beneath the Rowan Tree: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeneathTheRowanTree also has good ones.
    Sarah's Silks: http://sarahssilks.com/ are available through many retailers, but they lack the depth and variation of the handmade ones.

If you are interested in dyeing your own, people have great success with products from Dharma Dyes: http://www.dharmatrading.com/dyes/ (they sell the silks, also)

How old is your niece? I am excited to hear her reaction!

Tina, that is very kind of you to say. Thank you.

Funky, I've missed you very much. You brightened up my day with your post. I hope your cold is leaving you quickly and that you are able to enjoy your weekend!

Can't thank you all enough. Your kindness means so much to me. :)

ETA: I see the links are not "clickable." You have to highlight them and then right click. I apologize for that!

This post was edited by anele on Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 10:10

• funkyart
    10 years ago

My cold left as quickly as it came on-- good thing, I have so much to do here today! I did follow your blog.. so I won't need to worry about missing a post! I look forward to what's to come!

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Funky, I am so happy to hear you are well! You have a fantastic immune system!

Thank you so much for following-- I am glad we will have another way to stay connected. :)