Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haley_comet

Finally love my diningroom! Thanks for advice -before/after PICS!

haley_comet
14 years ago

Been in my home 2.75 years and have painted my diningroom 4 times!

Finally love the color. Thanks everyone for the advice and Lukkiirish for your photoshopping.

I went with a color that I had read alot about online called CARAWAY from Behr and I absolutely love it. It is the greatest green and this color is a real keeper.

I also painted a section of my tray ceiling a light cream to add some contrast and highlight the ceilings. New curtains, moved some stuff around and fixed my family wall layout.

Please ignore the burnt out light bulb...totally missed that!

Before (1)

AFTER

I PROMISE - no more "what color should I paint my diningroom?" posts for a very long time... heheh

Haley

Comments (22)

• toocolorcrazy
    14 years ago

that looks great. Id probably go for a glzed finish in side the ceiling trim closest to the light fixture...or a Ralph Lauren Metalic

• megsy
    14 years ago

What an improvement!

• dilly_dally
    14 years ago

The room looks great. The red was not right for the room before.

I am not usually a fan of tablecloths but the one you used really completes the room. A great touch with the decor.

• Valerie Noronha
    14 years ago

Great choice on both paint colors! It's a big improvement.

• leafy02
    14 years ago

That is a very nice green! I like orange, but the room does have a more calm and welcoming vibe now. Enjoy that pretty color :-)

• User
    14 years ago

I love the new look! Great paint colors. I'm saving the photos. I also really like the new curtains (where did you get them?) and other changes.

I'm sitting here trying to think of what else I can paint green. :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

Well, thanks so much! Now I have another green competing for my attention. I may never be able to choose if everyone keeps showing all these wonderful rooms-lol.

The room looks lovely and the new color is fantastic. I'll bet the view from the kitchen that has both the caramel and the green is fabulous. Well done-enjoy!

• kalamityk
    14 years ago

It looks beautiful!! Much more personalized and inviting in my opinion!!

• Happyladi
    14 years ago

I thought it looked okay before but I really love it now. I think you found a keeper. I also like what you did with the ceiling.

• homebodymom
    14 years ago

The color is beautiful !!!! I love the windsor chair and the drapes are wonderful too.

Wonderful room - enjoy and thanks for sharing!

• ctlane
    14 years ago

I liked it orange but the green really works better for your room. Looks great!

• momto4boys
    14 years ago

beautiful!!!

• awm03
    14 years ago

haley_comet, what a great room! I love the painted ceiling with the Caraway green walls, and your accessories are arranged very nicely. The new curtains are really beautiful and rich looking. I can see why you're much happier now. Good choices!

• User
    14 years ago

Wow!! That looks great! So glad you found a color you love! I think you made a great choice!

• jan_in_wisconsin
    14 years ago

It looks fabulous in green. I loved the orange color, but the green works better with the furniture in the room. The tablecloth is great, and I LOVE the chair in the corner. Way to go! Enjoy!

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

I'm glad you found a color you love. I'll have to check it out, though I already have 2 greens in my house - it might work in my mom's hall (she had been thinking Prescott Green). It looks great with the hutch. How's the view from the kitchen with the Ginger Root? Love the ceiling.

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Oh wow! What a difference - feels good doesn't it?

• vampiressrn
    14 years ago

Love the green, that looks so much more comfortable and friendly. It is a kinder contrast to your woods too. Glad you finally found something you like and the ceiling looks great too. NICE JOB!!!

• haley_comet
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow thanks everyone for all the really positive comments.

Sheesharee: I purchased the curtains at a store called Bouclair (which I believe is a Canadian only merchant)

It always amazes me how simply changing the color on the walls can completely alter the feel of a space.

Ttodd: You nailed it on the head...it does feel great.

Thanks GW friends...

Haley

• maanda
    14 years ago

Looks fantastic! Love the new ceiling too. I am so in love with Caraway. We have painted our livingroom that colour in two houses. We now have it in our livingroom/diningroom combo. Excuse the bad pic and the bare room, but I love how this colour goes with our sofa.

• haley_comet
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maanda - that looks beautiful. You know I have read that multiple times where ppl who are using Caraway use it in various houses.

Your room is beautiful. Yes the color goes really well with your sofa but also your dining set looks pretty against the green. It really is an amazing green a perfect mixture of a little bit of everything, not too yellow, not too grey..etc etc...nicely balanced color.

I usually stick with BM colors for my entire house and I just could not get a BM green that was what I was looking for so I am glad I ventured into the Behr colors and found this one.

• tarhlfan
    14 years ago

Your DR looks very nice. I do like the green so much better!! Please don't be offended at this suggestion since you didn't ask, but I would get rid of the tall green plant in the corner. I don't think you need it & the room would look much cleaner w/out it.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations