Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom2sethc_gw

Sneak Peek - my BM Wythe Blue Basement!

mom2sethc
13 years ago

Hello,

It's not completely done, the electricians are finishing up as I type this message, we'll be installing the laminate flooring this weekend. But, I'm so excited with how the color looks in my basement that I had to share with all you GW's! First is my inspiration Candice Olson basement. Her basement has both Wythe Blue and Stratton Blue. I've already gotten compliments on the color from the electricians!

Candice Inspiration:

My Basement:

Elaine

Comments (22)

• bestyears
    13 years ago

Wow!!!! You hit the mark! Before I even read what you wrote, I thought, "That looks like a Candace Olson space." Really, really nice space. I can imagine how much you will enjoy this!

• jockewing
    13 years ago

I love love love this color. I will use it somewhere in my house one day. I ended up using Quietude by SW in my bedroom in place of this. Quietude is almost exactly the same, but with just a smidge more gray.

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

It looks great! Can't wait to see how you decorate the space. The key with Olsen's space is the good lighting since you don't have natural.

• moonshadow
    13 years ago

Love the color!
    And I'm not a follower (bits 'n piece) but wow, Candice throws together a nice basement! :)

• rindy96
    13 years ago

I love the color and my first thought was: this looks like a Candice basement! Good job!

• sewwhatsnew
    13 years ago

Looks great, I love it, thanks for posting a picture. Would you describe it as a greenish blue, like the chip reads to me? Pallidian on the same strip was mint green when I painted my bathroom, so I was thinking Wythe would also pick up green. I just don't see green in your pics. Did you compare this to any other blue green colors? Are you using it with very little natural or flourescent light??
    Do you think it would be too intense for a small bathroom??

• mom2sethc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone!

sewwhatsnew - the chip is deceptive. I don't like the look of the color on the chip. In fact, I didn't like the test spot of the color when I painted it in my basement stairwell! But...I went with it anyway and I am so glad that I did! It is both blue and green. I would say a tad more green than blue, maybe?? I also sampled Palladian, and I didn't like it at all in my space. It was too pale, and just too light overall. It didn't have the intensity that the Wythe has. In my pic above you can see that I took the color into the very small half bath. I don't think the color is too dark. Remember, this pic was taken in late afternoon in my basement with only 1 small window with natural light. I had only 2 light bulbs on the in the room since my electrician is finishing my lighting as I type this message. I will post new pics tomorrow with the lighting complete.

valinsv - I'm going to glam it up!! LOL!!! My dh is being pretty tolerate of how I plan to decorate his "man" cave!

• theroselvr
    13 years ago

I can't wait to see it. The blue you used is Wythe? In her basement pic; which color is which?

Marshalls has lamps that would go great with it.

• theroselvr
    13 years ago

Ok; well I had a blond moment lol
    You say in the post title it's wythe lol

I don't watch her show but did see that one & loved it. I was going to use the color in my foyer

• mom2sethc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

roselvr - in her pic, Wythe is on the back wall. The wall with the painting. The left wall and soffit is a tad darker, it is Stratton Blue.

• loribee
    13 years ago

LOVE the color!

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

I love your space! Beautiful color! Candace is one of my HGTV favs.

I chose a similar color in our new house, kind of by accident. Was looking for a blue/green to go with SW Nomadic Desert. I had chosen SW Halcyan Green for my bathroom, and the painter suggested the same color for the kitchen. I was so worried that it just didn't work. I kept thinking it was a bathroom color. You know that feeling of "OMG, what have I done". After seeing your pics, I feel better. Show us more when you're finished.

{{!gwi}}

• User
    13 years ago

wow, that's gorgeous!!!

• greatgollymolly
    13 years ago

Love it.

• yayagal
    13 years ago

One of my favorite paint colors, it looks just gorgeous in your basement!!

• sashasmommy
    13 years ago

What a great color! Can't wait to see the finished room!

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

Love the Blues. Great choice. Looking forward seeing your completed basement. Candace is the best!

• hapnor
    13 years ago

mom2sethc - Absoulutely perfect! I can't wait to see the rest.

jockewing- would love to see quietude. was planing to use that for my MBR/Bath - any pics to share?

• crescent50
    13 years ago

Great color-- can't wait to see the rest!

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

• jockewing
    13 years ago

Hapnor, I will take some pics of my Quietude bedroom after my new upholstered bed is delivered and set up on Saturday. I'm very excited!

• mom2sethc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! The lighting is all finished now and it looks awesome! Dh and I are installing the laminate flooring this weekend. I will post update pics on Monday as soon as the floor is in.

Joyce 6333 - the SW green that you used was one that I would have tried had I not gone with wythe. Since our contracter uses BM, we just stayed with the wythe. They do look very similar! Your kitchen looks awesome! I have found several inspiration pics of the wythe blue and several of them were kitchens.

Sponsored
Monarch Design & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeler & Designer