Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Find popular, trendy rug in custom size?

Posted by jamies (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 12:26

I'm looking at, for example, Safaviah rugs that are all over the place for sale in different, but standard, sizes.

What online vendor would be able to sell me the rug in the size I want?

I want 4 x 4 and 4 X 6 is standard size.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Find popular, trendy rug in custom size?

I think this will be very tough to find in an online vendor, if not impossible, since 3x5 and 4x6 are the common sizes you see.

If it's a rug with an all over pattern, and not with a border that would be affected by cutting down, I'd probably buy the 4 x 6 and have it cut and bound locally, after sending a link to it to a local rug cleaner who does that service. Rug cleaners in my area do repairs, sizing and adding fringe, as well as binding.

o

No border and all over pattern.

I was hoping to find an online seller who also does what the local guys do? Or maybe a vendor who buys a big roll of the stuff before it is broken into standard size rugs and bound?

I don't live in an area with lots of services.

o

Here is a site with a selection of 4x4 rugs. Where you select size, you have to scroll down below the larger sizes and there is a 4' square option. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Modern rugs

o

I just ordered a rug from Naturalarearugs.com ---
custom size seagrass. I don't know what else is available through them - I have not yet received it - but it was great - because I ordered some samples (really cheap) - then ordered the size I needed ---
I am not affiliated with this company ---- just placed an order and looking forward to receiving it - and you can get $25 off your first order if over $100 and free shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here