Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekylis

aktillery... please help?

creekylis
16 years ago

Hi there! It's your fellow Bangkok Rust lover!

May I please ask you a question about your kitchen? It looks like you have some sort of trim on the corner of the wall where you transition from ivory to red paint. I love how the red seems to be inset and the transition is very clean. Can you please give me details about this? My kitchen and family room are open to each other and their walls meet in outside corners. I am painting my kitchen red and the family room is Lenox Tan. I am not liking the wall color transition and want to make it look more defined. I was thinking of getting a small corner piece of trim to place on the corner and painting it the Tan color. Is this like what you did? I can't decide if it will look correct or not, but whatever you have done-- whether for the same reason as me or not-- looks really nice. I should also mention that the base moulding on both walls is stained at the moment. I don't have immediate plans to paint it -- not sure if this will effect the corner trim. I also have plaster walls which are textured in the family room and smooth in the kitchen. Would love your opinion!

(Others with opinions or ideas are welcome to chime in too!)

Help?

Thanks!

Lis

Comments (14)

• jaybird
    16 years ago

These are what we used in that situation. They are stained to match other existing trim.

Here is a link that might be useful: corner protectors

• creekylis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Jaybird... I've checked those out. It may be a bit more traditional than I am going for... plus, it doesn't span the whole height of the wall. But I do appreciate you taking the time to post.

Lis

• creekylis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

aktillery?

• wisrose
    16 years ago

akttillery has a thread posting
    "Anyone know what it takes to be an Interior Designer"

Maybe she is not following other postings, you could get her attention there.

• creekylis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks... I was thinking maybe of doing that but didn't want to hijack. I think I'll try tho.

• n2cookin
    16 years ago

Creekylis, are you still loving the Bangkok Rust? I'm painting my DR with it this weekend! It's such a long process when you have to prime first. I want it done NOW!

• creekylis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I do still love it very much. It is the perfect red! (P.S. I did not prime and it only took 2 coats for coverage -- and I am very picky! Great paint!)

• amykath
    16 years ago

We used a piece of moulding. I took some photos and will post later. Have to leave for work. We painted the same as the wall color and it went to the base of the cab and up to the ceiling. PERFECT for seperating the two rooms and color change.

Sorry it took me so long to see this!!!

I will post pics tonight!

• creekylis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Muchos Gracias!

• amykath
    16 years ago

Okay here are a few photos. Again, sorry for the delay!!! The moulding is flat on the side of the kitchen and then curves into the red wall. If that makes any sense at all.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• amykath
    16 years ago

Okay here are a few photos. Again, sorry for the delay!!! The moulding is flat on the side of the kitchen and then curves into the red wall. If that makes any sense at all.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• creekylis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to post those. I spent 1/2 hour today standing in the trim aisle at Lowe's trying to picture the various options in use. This helps me a LOT.

Lis

• amykath
    16 years ago

Anytime! I am just sorry it took me so long!

Amy

• prairiegirlz5
    16 years ago

aktillery~Please come back here and tell me where you found those drapes? What color are they? Thanks. :)