Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodbyekitty_gw

Thoughts/Help on window treatment

goodbyekitty
10 years ago

I am doing 6 windows in my living room and 2 side by side windows in the dining room. My windows do not have any nice trim, just a wall with square holes.

The dining room is my problem. I am using a sheer oyster linen over woven shades. I want outside mount woven shades to be mounted as close to the rod as possible. These windows are 48"X48" with 7 1/4" of drywall between them. That's the problem, the wall between them.

My designer was suggesting inside mount (noooooo!) which would be at a perfect price point, but my windows are not that great and I don't like that space between them. So the next step up are 54" woven shades. That would be 3" above the window, down the sides and along the bottom. Again, since there is a 71/4" space between the windows, I will have a 1 1/4" gap of wall showing.

After thinking about this, couldn't I just put a stationary panel in between the windows?

Also, Even though I am placing the shades as close to the rod as possible, I can only come up to 3" from the bottom of the rod. Which means 3" of wall that you can see. Couldn't I just lift the shade a little higher and maybe have 2 inches at the bottom or even one inch so that I can bring the shade higher and make the wall disappear? I know that would probably not set well with my designer. What do you think?

Also again, I'm thinking I should line the drapes since they are so sheer (and lovely) that the woven shades would probably show through.

Comments (8)