Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 11:55
|We just bought a tiny fixer house that will be a crash pad/temporary home for a year or so. Because it's so small (940 sf), it seems like the colors need to flow among the rooms. I've got the color picked for the living/dining room. What would you recommend for the adjacent rooms: kitchen, bath, and 2 bedrooms? Should I use colors on the same color chip (lighter/darker as needed) or is it ok to play a bit more? If so, how much?|
|You can certainly play with them as long as the value and tone are similar meaning you have a muted neutral now, look for muted neutrals in colors and you're good to go.|
|All right, what exactly is a "muted neutral?" Can you give me an example of colors that are and colors that are whatever the opposite is?|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here