|My husband and I are building next month, and I'm having trouble visualizing what to do with the back of the house, which combines the kitchen, eating space and family room. I'm really having an issue w/ lighting, because the lighting over the island is right next to where the kitchen table will go, and I don't want matching lighting.
I've only found a few photos online of spaces like this, and most are huge, with cathedrial ceilings. We're having 9 foot ceilings, but the space itself is about 40x 18ish.
If your house is laid out like this, can I please see? Or if you have any ideas on where I can look I'd greatly appreciate it!!
|I know exactly what is going thru your mind! |
From my kitchen island, I can see the lighting in the great room and in the dining room. So, I didn't use pendant lights over the island (just can lights.) That might not be a popular choice, but I really didn't want another hanging light competing for attention...
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.