Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

1940s time capsule home in Minneapolis

geokid
10 years ago

This was in the local paper this weekend. A 1940s home on Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. Lake Calhoun is one of the Chain of Lakes in the center of the city of Minneapolis. Enjoy!

As an aside, I was in New Orleans recently and was able to tour the inside of some private French Quarter homes (no pictures allowed, unfortunately) and some were amazing time capsules as well. I must be in a home time capsule kind of mood.

**Click on the link and then reload your browser. The pictures should show up then. Strange.**

Here is a link that might be useful: 1940s Minneapolis time capsule home

This post was edited by geokid on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 16:45

Comments (13)

• jewelisfabulous
    10 years ago

No pictures! Anyone have a link?

• patricianat
    10 years ago

A little confused about what we are to enjoy, the article, pictures of NOLA homes, or pictures of the one home in Minneapolis.

• geokid
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is bizarre. I copied and pasted the link directly from the browser and there were pictures with the article!

Try going to the main page of the Lifestyle section and clicking on the article. I'll try to get a working link and update my original post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lifestyle main page

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

Here's one link to a gallery:

link

I'd kill for this built in

The choice of pieces to "style" for the shoot was very odd.

• Debbie Downer
    10 years ago

Very nice - GOOD EXAMPLES OF painted wood thats NOT WHITE!!! I like how the trim/doors/cupboards etc. can be different colors in ea. room and how well the chosen colors harmonize with wall colors.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

What Kasha Kat said. I think that is typical of NOLA and this home could certainly sit in the Garden District.

As a former resident of NOLA, having seen inside many of the beautiful homes on St Charles and beyond, they do not stick to one color throughout. They like color and pattern, very French and Spanish, very Cajun and very Mardi Gras, but in the most elegant and tasteful way.

• jewelisfabulous
    10 years ago

It is magnificent, even without her furniture, rugs, and artwork.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Oh, I totally agree on the built-in!

Ms. Seeley Johnson had good taste. Beautiful, plus the Tudor exterior is gorgeous, too.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

It's absolutely beautiful! I wouldn't change a thing, and for me, that's saying a lot! ;)

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I too, love that built-in buffet. It is gorgeous.

• kitschykitch
    10 years ago

Oh my that is wonderful! NOLA, however, is a tough place to live.

• jmc01
    10 years ago

As a former member of the Twin Cities Bungalow Club, there are loads of time capsule homes in Mpls and St. Paul.

• Gooster
    10 years ago

The built-ins are lovely; she had excellent taste in wall coverings. The Chinoiserie paper in the dining room staged with the Chippendale faux bamboo chairs look "fresh" and "up to date" with today.

We occasionally get similar time capsules in my neighborhood (built in the late 1920s to 1940s, mostly), halfway across the country. However, it is getting more and more rare to find a time capsule -- or its one of a mid 1970s update.