Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using an Antique White Trim Color- What color Paint the Ceiling

Posted by gamecock43 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 11:22

Hi Guys,
I choose a Behr "Creamy White" color for all the trim throughout the house. It looks like the color of milk. But do I paint whe ceilings "Ceiling White" or "Creamy White"?

Will it look weird if the crown molding and molding around the trim is antique-y white and the ceiling is a brighter, colder white? Or will that really show off the crown molding?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using an Antique White Trim Color- What color Paint the Ceili

Why does the ceiling have to be white? Why not go with a color. It is one of the largest walls in every room.
Even the Victorians didn't do white ceilings. They papered or painted their ceilings in a variety of designs. It's only been since the end of WWII that white ceilings came into favor, no doubt as a short cut for builders.

o

carol is right, why go with white, paint the ceilings in color!

o

I have a soft blue for my dining room ceiling, but I'm not going to do it for every room. First I am having a hard enough time picking paint for the walls of a 2500 sq ft home. The home is very open so I want the colors to blend. Adding in different ceiling colors on top of the various walls would be way more work than I'm prepared for at this point.
Second I think the blue ceiling in the dining room will be a "pop" of interest. It will really make an impression. If every ceiling was painted it would get old and overwhelming rather than fresh and interesting.

So White ceiling or antique White ceiling?

o

We used BM Simply White on all our trim and moldings and used Behr Swiss Coffee on the ceilings.. it makes the white trim really pop.. we're happy.. hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here