Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llocket

LR layout, 3 entrances

LLocket
10 years ago

We are renovating our old family beach house, and are nearly ready for furniture. Can't tell you how many online design tools I've used. Pretty much always come up with same thing, but want input from others, please! Have worn out DH with discussions, DDs now bored with it too.

Can anyone tell me how to upload or recreate the floorplan and layout for you to see here? (I created on havertys website.)

If not, here are the details, best I can explain:
The room is a little over 17' wide (the entire width of house), and is about 15'deep. There is sliding glass door centered on front. Door into kitchen almost centered opposite that. And the main entrance to house on side, about 3/4 of the way back from the glass doors. I need a pretty major drop-zone for those coming to and from beach, so that would be along that main entrance wall. So far I'm planning to have sofa facing away from main entrance, TV on opposite wall.

There may not be a better layout, but I'd love to look at other possibilities. And if I stick with this one, I'd love some reassurances that it's the best I can do!!

Thanks so much!

This post was edited by LLocket on Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 20:14

Comments (5)

• LLocket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Took this picture standing in the doorway to the kitchen, looking toward the wall to the right that will be the TV wall. The picture window near the corner would be (in the other picture) the one furthest away, past ladder.

• LLocket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is taken from the same spot, looking toward the other side wall. The recliners in the middle of the floor are about where I would put the sofa? Though probably would move closer to the TV wall, giving more room for my "drop-zone" near the door.
    Would still really love to upload a floor plan, if someone can tell me how!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Not sure if you can provide a link to the web site where you created your floor plan? Or, scan your floor plan and save it like a photo, then post here as a photo. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I am not entirely sure what your question is other than asking how to post the floor plan. Are you wondering if it's okay for the sofa back to face the door? I think it's not necessarily "ideal" but if that's your best option, I'd put some kind of sofa table behind the sofa and stage it a bit so it's a prettier focal point than a plain sofa back.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Could you build a small screen in porch around the main entrance door? That could contain benches or seats and a place to hang things and not ruin the looks of the main room.

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

Just a thoughts, but would you consider facing the sofa towards the front door and wall-mounting the TV between the door and the window? You could have a large console underneath to contain media components as well as landing and drawer space. Looks like there might be some space between the front door and the kitchen that could accommodate additional "landing" space / shelving / cabinets for beach-goers.