Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
front door color

Posted by brookparker11 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 11:12

the previous owners of our salmon/pink colored brick house did a terrible brown paint job on the wooden front door. looking to repaint but have no idea what would go w/ our brick that would make it look less pink. I love pops of color so i'm looking for something a little different but not crazy. we plan to replace the kick board to match the new hardware we put in and we're currently in the process of replacing almost all of the old overgrown flowerbeds, as well as trimming the trees. I tried to search online for ideas but didn't find any images that excited me. doesn't seem like there's many options for this color brick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: front door color

Navy blue or a deep blue.

o

Blue will pull it toward orange; dark green would pull it farther toward pink. I'd think about deep glossy charcoal or black.

o

Black would look great.

o

I was thinking black, too...

Beautiful home!

o

Ditto to the black

o

Inkwell by Sherwin Williams. Our last house was brick and that was what we used.

Our home was historic so we went flat, you may want gloss.

Here is a link that might be useful: possible

o

Love the idea of charcoal or black. Or maybe even such a dark blue that it almost reads as black? Love your house, btw.

o

High Gloss Black at that.

o

I agree with black.. but it will not make all that brick look less pink.
Gorgeous house!

o

Black!!!!

o

thanks everyone! LOVE the idea of a charcoal, and love the inkwell color....i had thought of black but worried about it being too stark a contrast, but the charcoal i think would work great. thanks so much for the input and compliments! the house has great bones but hasn't been well cared for, lots of reno's going on, putting me and this house in a love/hate relationship! =)

o

Let's see:

All paint colors in high gloss!

BM Chrome Green PM-10
BM Kendall Charcoal HC-166

The gray color would work very well with your roof color ....

And our brick here at home is very similar in color and tone to your house -- and our front door is high-gloss black with a large old door knocker and hardware to match our black roof color ....

o

I'm with black...and I think beefing up the size of the exterior sconces will help too...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here