Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
opphop

I need help: inside mount drapes

opphop
10 years ago

I just can't find examples of my idea online so I need help. We have installed beautiful wide window trim and rosettes in our 125 year old renovation house which are showcased by the 10' high ceilings and I don't want to cover them with outside mounted drapes. I bought an inside-mount honeycomb shade and a set of 2" plantation blinds to try out even though I knew neither fit the style of the house. Ideally, I'd like relaxed roman shades using some beautiful fabrics that I found at JoAnn fabric with a 40% sale currently running, but the cost might still be astronomical to have someone make them, right? There are 20 windows, most of them 32" x 64" inside the casing.

Here is my question: The window casing is deep enough to hold 2 layers of fabric. What would it look like to have a tension rod of simple sheers on the inside which I could keep closed most of the time with a nice patterned fabric rod pocket drape next? Would it look better to confine the length of the drapes inside the window opening, or extend them down toward the floor? Or short sheers and longer drape? I want more of an elegant look than country, so I'm guessing I'd want them longer, but I have no idea if that will look okay. If you have photos, that would help me so much!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022