|1) Make sure to obscure view of the item for sale when taking the photograph.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Blue leather office chair
|That is too funny! |
I have been searching Cl for the first time ever this week and I am astounded at the enormous amount of ugly furniture that people want a fortune for.. but is always called gorgeous, breathtaking, beautiful, stunning, top of the line, amazing....
And those who don't have a picture. Do they really think their description will make me call?
And, what is up with the $1 thing? It's not priced a dollar...
I did find one item I really wanted, I'm looking for a queen headboard to paint, but it was gone. Now, I keep looking for something similar. I wanted that piece!
|BB, the reason for the $1 is because of the scammers; they only prey on big ticket items, so if the item is priced at more than say, $99 a lot of people will use $1 on the subject line instead of the price. Scammers won't email you for a $1 item (and usually not for less than $100) on the subject line. |
It used to irritate me too, until I found this out, now I just take it in stride and don't blame the poster one iota!
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.