Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Do U like Hawthorne Yellow Cabs- Need a Coordinating WHITE

2LittleFishies
12 years ago

Hi Everyone! I'm usually over in Kitchens, but someone said here would be a great spot for my question : )

Here is my inspiration photo:

I believe my choice for the Lowers is HC-4 Hawthorne Yellow! I planned to go lighter but I'm being brave : ) I think it's a beautiful yellow. My 2nd safer choice is Harp Strings 213. What do you think? Will Hawthorne be too much?

I was looking at Weston Flax HC-5 and also America's Heartland and Cornsilk but they were starting to look too beige/washed out in my kitchen and also next to Vermont Imperial Danby Marble...

For the uppers, Im thinking Mascarpone. Do you think it's white enough? I know there is yellow in it but next to the Hawthorne I think it reads white. Thoughts?

Another White I like is Cotton Balls OC-122.

I looked at Chantilly Lace and Snowfall White (OC-118) but I think they are a bit too white. Also Mountain Peak White (OC-121) remains an option but next to the others I see a bit of pink?

SO, do you like my yellow and what coordinating white would you choose? : )

Here are some other items... that I'm planning.. Thoughts welcomed--

Danby Marble, Walnut for Island Top (island will be white), Hawthorne, Mascarpone...

Not sure about this fabric but I like it --

Comments (9)

• bungalow_house
    12 years ago

I do not know about Hawthorne Yellow, but my cabinets are either America's Heartland or Cornsilk, I can't remember. I think they are Cornsilk. I know the chip looks really beige, but believe me it looks very yellow when applied. If Hawthorne Yellow is MORE yellow, it might be too much.

I do not have any good photos, but here is a rough idea of Cornsilk.

• User
    12 years ago

Love Hawthorne Yellow! Be aware, however, that your chip in the photo above is horizontal. The color is darker when on a vertical surface---and of course the light in the room can make it look anything from a screaming yellow to a soft butter. It's in my MBR, so I see it in all lights.

So I would try the color first in the room and see it in all lights at all times of day before you choose. It's a beautiful color and I think it would be fantastic in a kitchen.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bungalow- SO pretty!! Do you know what the wall color is?

kswl- Good Point. I do have a 16"x16" sample hanging on my cabinets.
    The color does change from hour to hour lol

Here it is with Cotton Balls on the left and Mascarpone on the right. It looks different in person, of course.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is hlove's kitchen with Hawthorne Yellow... : ) Definitely more saturated that the Cornsilk but especially since it's only for the lowers I think I'm okay with this.

• callie25
    12 years ago

I love everything in the 1st photo you posted as well as the light fixture and other items you have in mind. Makes me want to paint mine that color. We've used Hawthorne Yellow on bathroom walls before (not sure if that's the same color as the inspiration photo). I would do a comparison in your kitchen with Hawthorne Yellow & Cornsilk. Be sure to post photos when complete.

• User
    12 years ago

I think I like the marscapone with the cab color and the counter marble. Second the request for pictures!!

• bungalow_house
    12 years ago

The wall color is America's Heartland.

Definitely let us know how it turns out!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bungalow house- I could be wrong but I THINK you have the colors reversed?
    America's heartland is lighter than Cornsilk. AH is at the top of the strip and Cornsilk is one down.
    Your cabs are lighter than the wall right?

• bungalow_house
    12 years ago

I know. That is why I am confused about the cabinet color, but my memory is AH on the walls. In reality, it is hard to see any difference between the cabinets and walls. The sheen is different so that might explain why they look so different in the photo.