Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 10:23
|I was reading your blog, and ran across an article, on Saturnia Gold granite, which is not a granite but a schists. I found this beautiful granite and put it on hold and was going to get it installed in my kitchen. And now after reading your blogs. I am very nervous. Will it not hold up in the kitchen? Will it chip easily? Will it have to be sealed alot or heavy and thus take away from the beauty of the stone? And scratch easy too? Will it leave water spots? Please advise. Should I pick another color? I am so worried and freaked out and overwhelmed? Also if I do stay with this color, what color of backsplash should I use with it? I want an Tuscan style kitchen. I don't know to go with black appliances or stainless steel. Can anybody help me? Thanks, Bev|
|I looked it up on Houzz and that is a gorgeous granite. It seems to have been used in quite a few kitchens. I think I would do stainless appliances since that would be a lot of black with a black and gold granite. What color are your cabinets? Maybe you could do wood panels over the appliances. The backsplash could be tricky the photos I saw just used the same granite but I don't think most people like to do that and also it's expensive. A simple tile lighter than the gold but in that color would be pretty in a natural stone, limestone?. .. I love the granite, interesting that the supplier says it is a schist. It has a lot of mica in it which makes it beautiful but interested to hear what others have to say.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here