Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Found this for DGS bedroom

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

DH and I were in one of our favorite antique shops last week. They had this print and as soon as I saw it I knew it would look great in my animal loving dear grandson's bedroom. There was just something about this print that said I had to purchase it for him. It will look great hanging above his bed.

Comments (12)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

It's great! I can see a young child's imagination being provoked but hat painting. Wonderful!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thought so too Tib. He is only six but I emailed a photo of it to my DD. She showed it to him and he loves it. He asked her to tell me to bring it to church with me tomorrow so we can hang it!

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Did you see my prior posts about the BEST picture hanger? Pick one up at Home Depot. You can get the small, light, least expensive one for your pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hangman picture hanger

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

That is too cute and perfect for a boy's room.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Nice!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Tib. I will look for that. How exactly does it work? Should I use them for the art in my home?

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

From now on, it's the only hanger I'll use, because not only does it make hanging pictures and mirrors easy, it makes hanging them level easy!

It comes with two "bars". One you attach to the very top of the back of the picture frame.

The other, you pop the little level that comes with it into it, then put it up against the wall where you want to hang the picture. With the level in there, you can see if it is level or not. Once it's level, just drill the screws in to attach it to the wall.

Then just lift the picture and it fits right on the piece on the wall. No tilting to see if it's straight or not. You know it's level because the two pieces are.

It comes with all the hardware you need, and you don't even have to find studs because the screws it comes with can go right into drywall.

I've got my big master bathroom mirror on the large one that holds up to 200lbs. Can't tell you how nice it was to just lift the mirror up and put it on, no reaching behind to find the wires and no sliding it back and forth to try to get the mirror level.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Holly-Kay - wonderful find. Happy, full of movement and stories. Love it!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the explanation Tib. It sounds like I may need to get quite a few of them so I can securely hang other art that wants to go cattywampus on me.

Thanks Joanie, Annie, and OB, I love it and think it is perfect for his room. Now I am hoping to eventually find something for my other DGS wall.

• teeda
    10 years ago

I love that print--and the frame is nice as well. How perfect for a young boy's room--lucky guy!

• kswl2
    10 years ago

Holly, what a charming print for your grandson's room! It is clever and interesting without being "kiddie cute," which makes it a good addition for the long term. Nice frame, too!

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

I love it Holly. I'm sure he'll attribute personalities to each and have a rotating favorite zebra. It really is perfect and I'm sure your grandson will just love it!