|So I just painted our basement Nimbus Grey yesterday and I really like the color but in my mind I was thinkng a more grey grey and less of a blue grey. And it is definately a blue grey. So now I am second guessing what my color scheme was going to be down there. So, without me telling you what I was thinking of doing, what would your accent color be? Oh, the interior doors will be BM Blue note which is a black with a dark blue undertone. Thanks.|
|Dark Purple goes with it. I did my bathroom with pale pink towels and accessories. I imagine a bright orange would work nicely (search for pipdog's living room and see the orange with gray/blue). And of course, yellow works well with gray as well. |
As I noticed when our house was empty, the gray walls without any other color and decor in the room really did look "challenging". I have to keep telling myself this when I see my new house after it's painted--I picked Smoke Embers,the chip below Nimbus.
Nimbus is gorgeous, and I like I said, I used it in my previous home in several places.
Also white, it looks great with white. And dark brown. And black.
And check your lightbulbs down there in the basement. They could be throwing things off for you.
|Well,BM has a nimbus as well as a nimbus grey. The nimbus grey that I have is definately a blueish. I was thinking of going with yellow. I wanted the grey and yellow look but it really isn't going to be that with the walls at least. The floors wll be a grey wood looking floor. If I did grey and yellow pillows will it clash with the more bluish grey walls?|
|oh wait. ivparker, you are so right. I didn't have Nimbus Gray. I had Nimbus...that was gray...go figure. |
Only think I would suggest is to buy those pillows at a store where you can return them. Do you have a homegoods? Lots of choices there. Lots of pillows to audition for the space.
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.