Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

Who remembers Rhoda (Georgiagal)??? You might be interested . . .

tinam61
12 years ago

I know some of you follow her blog (Southern Hospitality)and know what she's gone through in the past. I'm thrilled to see that she has purchased a new home. A fixer-upper. There are sure to be many great blog posts as she repairs and decorates her new home.

Just thought some of you might be interested in what Rhoda is up to now.

tina

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhoda's blog

Comments (11)

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

I knew Rhoda for many years, as we were both quite active on the Great Impressions decorating website. But, when GI kind of fell apart and she started her blogging efforts I lost track of her. Rhoda's an extremely talented DIY'er. Her home in the Atlanta area with her (then)DH was lovely and she was always very generous with helpful advice to other GI'ers. She divorced, then remarried and moved to Alabama and that's when I lost track of her, as I just don't have time to read blogs. Looks like she's single again and back in Georgia. She should have some great new projects to share with her readers with this new home of hers. I wish her much luck with it. Go Rhoda!
    Lynn

• mitchdesj
    12 years ago

it's always nice to get updates, I also wish Rhoda the best of luck,
    thanks for the heads up !

• allison0704
    12 years ago

That's great news! Like Lynn, I've known her for awhile and it's good to see her with a new project - but, gosh, that is overwhelming to me!! I met Rhoda after she moved to Bham and we went to lunch and I showed her a few of my favorite antique stores. Going to Home Depot is not the same since she moved - I think I ran into her whenever I was there!

I second Lynn's "Go Rhoda!!" Thanks for posting, Tina.

• lazydaisynot
    12 years ago

I'm not familiar with Rhoda but your post led me to take a look at her blog. She seems like an upbeat, creative and resilient person. But what really caught my eye were the prices on those homes! Houses in the $60-80 K range, on large lots -- unbelievable (even if they do need a lot of work).

• ladeeda
    12 years ago

I remember her well, all the way back to the GI forum. I had read about her life changes in the past year but so glad you posted this update. It would have been awhile for me to get back around to reading her blog again. I'm excited and happy for her. Here's another " Go, Rhoda!!!"
    Thanks for posting this! - Marann

• enailes
    12 years ago

I follow Rhonda's adventures over at Southern Hospitality. She is a true steel magnolia and have nothing but respect and admiration for her. She is a true Southern Lady and wish her all the happiness and applaud her guts and grits. Best wishes and happiness, Go Rhonda.

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting this Tina. I also know Rhoda from being a member of MSN's Great Impressions (now on NING). I'd heard she'd been through some rough times, but not the details. She's a wonderfully talented and caring woman and I wish her the best. Add another "Go Rhoda!" from me too.
    aka DesigningMom from the MSN days.

• loribee
    12 years ago

Very talented and a great gal~ so happy for her!

• georgiagal
    12 years ago

Wow, thanks to all of you for remembering me! It's been so long since I've been over here on Garden Web, just not enough time to do it all, but I'm still decorating & loving all of this as I always have. Great to hear from some of my old friends from way back in the days of GI and from my time in B'ham. I'm SO excited about this new/old house & you'll all have to come back & visit during the reno process. Thanks Designing Mom for the heads up on this post!! Rhoda

• pupwhipped
    12 years ago

I can't remember exactly how it came about, but a couple of years ago I somehow discovered blogs. Yes, I lived under a rock.....and continue, in some ways, to do so even now. Anyway, Rhoda's blog was the very first one I hit upon. It continues to be at the top of my list and the one I go to first thing every morning. There's just something about it...HER. There's a unique balance in the posts she does and I really enjoy them.

I, too, was excited to hear the news of her finding a house....a new nest to feather. I marvel at her resilient spirit, and wish her all the happiness she deserves in her new home.

pup

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

You're welcome Rhoda. I'm looking forward to joining in the fun of watching you make your diamond in the rough shine!

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County