Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

B/M Horizon OC 53 or Martha S. Cumulus Cloud - Pics?

DLM2000-GW
13 years ago

It's a long shot but has anyone used either of these 2 colors and have pictures to post? I need to paint a small bathroom - no window - and am not sure how much of the blue will bounce around with either of these on all walls. If you have any pics or thoughts - thanks.

Comments (13)

• prill
    13 years ago

I painted the downstairs bedroom and bathroom Cumulus Cloud - don't know why I picked it because the color on the sample is nothing like the real color in my house. It's really a nice blue. I'll take some pictures when I'm home at noon and post them for you.

Have HD mix you up a sample to try. They do nice large samples so you can really paint a good size area to see.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Prill thank you so much. Every time I look at the teeny chip I see something different - right now it looks green to me but I'm by a window. When I take it in the windowless bathroom it looks blue/gray.

• prill
    13 years ago

here you go - let's see how they look on the monitor.

and here's the bathroom.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That's amazing - on my monitor there is the slightest hint of almost a pale cornflower blue and no green at all. I'm off to Home Depot to get a sample - thanks!

• prill
    13 years ago

Dim2000 - how's it look?

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Best laid plans.... and all that. A friend in crisis knocked on my door yesterday - hoping to get to HD later this morning - will report back!

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Keep your fingers crossed for me! Got the sample jar of Cumulus and picked up Opal to try, too. Opal is too icey, too light, and too cold. DH was pretty much standing there tapping his toes, telling me the trim and ceiling are done and he's ready for wall paint - I'm holding him up :-/. So with only a couple of foot sq swatches - of only one coat - yikes! and over a yellow, I bit the bullet and went back for a gallon. Dh is up there painting right now - I'm afraid to look! My only concern is there are blue accent tiles on the floor in the otherwise white tiled bath and I hope the Cumulus will work with them. Cabinets are painted B/M Davenport Tan. Pictures will be coming soon.

• prill
    13 years ago

Can't wait to see!

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is the strangest color. Painted a large sample on a board - standing by a window it looks green as can be.

Here's what we were painting over.... cutting in already started

And here's the Cumulus Cloud. If there's green in there, I sure can't see it. Thanks for posting your pictures - I probably wouldn't have continued past the sample otherwise.

• prill
    13 years ago

Very pretty. The color you see it next to matters... Makes picking paint colors so hard.

• loribee
    13 years ago

I like it, Deb!

Prill, is that a Carole Holding Bermuda print???

• prill
    13 years ago

Yes, loribee, it's the view from her house. I love Bermuda...I assume you've been there too.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Lori - step one in a loooong spruce up to get market ready.