Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soonermagic

SoonerMagic Answers Questions

soonermagic
16 years ago

Some of you had questions that did not get answered before the photoshoot post reached its max, so here goes:

Coffee Table - My apologies but I have no info on the coffee table. DH brought it into the marriage with him (it's about all that has survived of his furniture!). He purchased at a placed called Freedom Furniture in Dallas, but that's all he knows.

Seattle Kitchen Designer - Her name is lyndi and her email is lsheasley at gmail. Was wonderful to work with, very easy to do even across the distance. And the best $500 I spent in the entire house build project. All she did for us was redesign the floorplan, but I think that's the most important aspect of the kitchen. I picked out the cabinet styles, appliances, countertops, backsplash, etc. But, in the process of her doing the floorplan, I did share with her pictures of the inspiration kitchens.

As to whether I know Jeb, I know who he is, as he was editor of the law review 2 years after I was.

I think that covers all of the unanswered questions. If not, post it again.

Comments (25)

• DLM2000-GW
    16 years ago

I have one - is your home design custom or can you share your source? It's so charming - in and out - and I love the human scale and detail. My DH positively drooled over your exterior and garage - generally he's immune but your house captured his imagination !

• pecanpie
    16 years ago

Sooner, tell us more about the great Seattle KD! I couldn't find a good one in town- how in the world did you find one in Seattle?

Did you give her dimensions or did she suggest? I'm keeping her name for my next kitchen...

• divadly
    16 years ago

Sooner - Would love to know where you bought your blue rugs (pictured in the dining and bedroom). I love the little pop of dark red on them.

Thanks! :)

• DLM2000-GW
    16 years ago

bump

• kgsd
    16 years ago

Diva, I'm not sooner, but I know! They are Safavieh. I have been rug shopping recently (more like rug-obsessing). You can buy them from most online rug sites or in stores.

• soonermagic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi there.

The design is custom. I don't own the floorplan, so copyright prevents me from sharing. My apologies!

I believe I bought the blue rugs from either Ballard Design or Horchow ... perhaps overstock. In any event, purchased online and was very nervous about the order, but they seem like very good quality rugs (though they shed like crazy).

• aussies
    16 years ago

Hi,

Absolutely beautiful house! I love the granite in one of your bathrooms - could you please tell me what the name of it is?

• redbazel
    16 years ago

Sooner, for those of us who no longer have the link to your home pictures, could you post it again, please?

Red

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    16 years ago

Here's the link, Red:

Here is a link that might be useful: Help: Photo Shoot at MY house THIS week!

• roguevalley
    16 years ago

Sooner, I scanned your original link, looking for the color of the exterior of your home. I couldn't find it, or missed it. Could you please share the brand and color? You have an absolutely beautiful home.

• soonermagic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi there. The exterior paint is BM Briarwood, from their line of historic colors, I believe.

By the way, I received the advance copy of the magazine this weekend. They did a lovely job with the spread. My scanner is down at the house right now. But I'll get it scanned and posted soon.

• roguevalley
    16 years ago

Thanks sooner!

• texashottie
    16 years ago

Wow, I missed that initial thread!! What an awesome house! Sooner, if you haven't already, please post the professional pics from the magazine!!

Thanks for sharing with us---very inspiring!

• pinkpetunia
    16 years ago

Soonermagic ~~ Love your home! How very cool to be featured in a photo shoot! (SusieQ should be so lucky!!! hee hee) Congratulations! I know it must be a relief to have it over with!

• aussies
    16 years ago

Thanks soonermagic!

• california_dreamer
    16 years ago

Checking in to see if you posted the magazine photos yet. I am looking forward to seeing them. I love your home! Please share!

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Soonermagic ~~

What is the meaning of life?

• kulagal
    16 years ago

Soonermagic: first what a great job you did on your house both outside and inside - I'm green with envy! Hope to see your magazine photos. A former house of mine appeared in Sunset (25 years ago) and it was my 15 minutes of fame.

Question: we are considering putting a flatscreen TV over the fireplace. Can you help me with some of the dimensions? How tall is your fireplace including mantel? Does your TV tilt? What is the size of your TV? Is the height of your TV comfortable for watching - no strained necks? Is that a DVD that is showing in your photos? Lastly, how did you hide the cables and other wiring? It looks so neat! Thank you for your time - I know you are busy.

• emilysmarathonmom
    15 years ago

I am in the process of doing a new kitchen and all new doors and casings. I just ordered casings very similar to yours and am wondering if you could share the dimensions of your sides and the top?
    Your home is absolutely amazing. What magazine was it in? I would love to buy it to keep all of the picture for my files.
    Thanks for any help on the door casings.

• tracey_b
    15 years ago

Hi Sooner....hope you see this revived thread. I have another question for you--in what (type of) room is your pool table? We have a nice one like yours (most expensive single piece of "furniture" in our house!) bought last year when we finished our basement. I just found out we're facing a potential relocation to an area that doesn't, generally, have basements, and hubby informs me he AIN'T a-sellin' the pool table. So now I have to wonder where it's going to go. Yours looks like it might be in a "bonus room"? Is the floor reinforced, etc.???

Many thanks!
    Tracey
    "Razorback magic" :-)

• magic_arizona
    15 years ago

I'm just plain ol' Magic but I wanted to tell you that your home is stunning. Very, very nice.

• soonermagic
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Razormagic - I haven't checked in to GW in a looong time, so my apologies for getting back to you so late. The pool table is in an upstairs bonus room. The original floorplan of the room wouldn't accommodate a pool table, but DH insisted, and we too don't have basements in this area. We had to push out some walls and remove a closet from the original floorplan and, yes, we did reinforce the floor. Our master bed is directly under the pooltable, so I'm hoping the floor holds! Good luck

• divadly
    15 years ago

Soonermagic,

I am about to take the plunge and order the same sofa as yours in the next few weeks. Just wondering how yours is wearing?

Also, can you share the leather grade / color? There's probably a swatch of leather with the details under the cushions. I'm guessing it's flagstaff Java (or maybe Chocolate , but doesn't seem as dark as the chocolate swatch I have)but if you could confirm I'd really appreciate it! It look like the exact color I'm looking for!

THANKS for your help!

D

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Wow, I'm so glad one of us in Norman got her happy ending, dream home. Your home is gorgeous and truly deserving of magazine exposure. I may just be saying this because we have similar taste--though your knack for decorating FAR exceeds mine--but so much better than most of the over-decorated, baroque homes featured in that magazine.

Good luck in everything and you did an amazing job on your home. Truly, picture perfect! If we could have a do over (no such luck) I'd use your builder any day. I'm jealous as heck; in a wow, good-for-you sort of way.

-Susan W.

• fairytalebaby
    15 years ago

divadly,

I'm not sooner, but I coveted that couch and bugged her about it myself and I'm 99% sure the color is Java. Post pictures once you've got yours...then I can drool over your room too!