Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
persnicketydesign

I got the bird chandy up!

persnicketydesign
15 years ago

This chandy was wired to be plugged in, but I wanted it hung in the bathroom. DH was a real sweetie yesterday and drilled some holes through the mounting plates so that I could hang it up in the bathroom.

The shades that are in the picture came with my breakfast room chandy, but I used that fixture without them. Do you think the shades work with the bird chandy or should go with a different color? Nothing at all?

Comments (39)

• tammy518
    15 years ago

Ooh, I really like it! Your wall color and curtains look very pretty too.

• budge1
    15 years ago

Well that's just a tease - you have to show the whole room and how the chandelier goes with everything else ;-)

• les917
    15 years ago

Very nice - in fact, 'tweet'!

I think shades work, and the color, at least in this small pix, pulls some of the golden/beige tones from the drapery.

I agree with budge, we need to see more!

• mcps
    15 years ago

I love that SO much! And I think the shades look nice with it.

• redbazel
    15 years ago

The shades finish it off. It looks just beautiful in your bath with that wall color and fabric. And I am always glad to hear of another husband who is a good sport like mine and fixes things so his wife is happy.

Red

• persnicketydesign
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's still a work in progress. *blush* Please pardon the work truck outside the window. The electricians are here this morning. :o)

• prairiefox
    15 years ago

I love it and it looks great in the bathroom. May I ask where you found it?

• cooperbailey
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Just so elegant.

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

Just love the chandy esp with the shades. Love your bathroom also.

• persnicketydesign
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got it on eBay a couple of years ago. I didn't have anywhere to put it, but it was so cute (and such a good deal) I got it anyway. It's been in the attic ever since. :o)

The hang tag on it says it's by Patricia d'Incelli for Old World Charm. The outside of the box said that it was "Birdsong in Walnut".

• teacats
    15 years ago

Well -- just the perfect chandelier for your gorgeous bathroom -- and just the PERFECT one for spring!!

I LOVE it! :)

Well done!

Jan

• ttodd
    15 years ago

LOVE IT! Did you make the curtains? I really like the fabric on top. Seems to go so perfectly w/ the wall color AND chandelier finish & shades.

Another good budget decorating tape - swapping shades just like you did here!

• jockewing
    15 years ago

what is that wall color? Love it- so serene and beautiful

• parma42
    15 years ago

The shades are perfect!

• persnicketydesign
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much!

Ttodd...Everything I do is on a budget! Since we built the house my decorating funds are shot. LOL I'm having to repurpose things and dig through the boxes in the attic. I sell antique dolls & toys, so I go to lots of estate sales and pick things up when I can. There's not always a place for them at the time so they get stashed. I guess it's a good thing that I'm broke...I get to go treasure hunting without leaving the house.

I made the curtains last week. I had 8 plain white sailcloth panels from the old house and a few yards of that fabric that I picked up in the remnant section. I just added the tops and trim to the panels. I did matching ones for the bedroom, but added 6" of the floral fabric to the bottoms of them since they were too short. I did a bedskirt to match using more remnant fabrics. It turned out pretty well considering I haven't sewn anything in close to 6 months! We built the house ourselves and I didn't get much "me" time for my projects. :o)

Jockewing...that's SW Tradewind. I love the color. We used in two of the boys' rooms too.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

What a great chandy! And the shades are perfect. Curvy, feminine, but not too light. Definitely leave the shades on, because they do tie in the fabric across the tops of your curtains, and give the room a bit more weight and balance.

Persnickety - I just have to say I award extra-credit points for working on a shoestring budget. You've got a great eye ;-)

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Perfect.

• User
    15 years ago

What a gorgeous room! The bird chandy is absolutely precious!

• bbstx
    15 years ago

Everything looks great! I'm wondering how many searches were done on ebay today combining the words "chandelier" and "bird." LOL.

• southernheart
    15 years ago

Simply fabulous!

• southernheart
    15 years ago

LOL, bbstx...guilty as charged. :-)

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Very pretty!! You did good "again". You and my3dogs, are so darn handy and have such great taste.

• kimberlyrkb
    15 years ago

LOVE the chandelier. It's perfect for your pretty room. :)

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

Wow, I thought that first photo was from a magazine. yes it all looks wonderful.

• lorriekay
    15 years ago

They definitely work!!
    I LOVE LOVE the little birds on it

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

It sures pays to know how to sew - even simple things. Love the drapes too.

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

What a lovely chandelier and place for it in your master bath. I hope you get a chance to enjoy it!! Beautiful drapes as well.

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

I also meant to ask what is your wall color?

• persnicketydesign
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so very much everyone!!!

Val...that's SW Tradewind.

• tinam61
    15 years ago

It all looks GREAT!

Would you know the manufacture of the floral/print fabric? I am TRYING to redo our bedroom in very similar colors. I am looking for a print fabric to use in the room.

Beautiful wall color and I love that chandy. It's perfect for the room.

tina

• persnicketydesign
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's a P. Kaufmann fabric. :o)

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

That is a great chandy and the shades work well with it.

Now I definitely want a chandy for our master bath remodel. Just have to convince Hubby...

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

All the right words have been used, so, quiet bow of decor respect. I LOVE IT!!!!!ALL!!!!!

• loribee
    15 years ago

Such a lovely room! Kudos!!

• tinam61
    15 years ago

I've looked on-line, but can't find the fabric. Boo-hoo.

However, I'm waiting on some other fabric samples and am going to look here in town again in the next couple of weeks. I LOVE your panels and am hoping I can do something along the same line.

Would you please show your bedroom panels and the bedskirt? Everything is just so pretty!

Thanks in advance.

tina

• persnicketydesign
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gosh, everybody! Thank you so very, very much for all the kind words. You have no idea how it nice it is to hear that something turned out OK rather than grunts from the men-folk around here. LOL

Tina...I got that fabric out of the remnant section at a local custom drapery/fabric shop. I'd be happy to check for you and see if they have any more. I try to stop by there once a week. :o)

Here are a couple of pics of the panels & bedskirt. They were super simple to make.

• tinam61
    15 years ago

The bedroom looks great too! Your wall color in the bedroom is very similar to what we have in the master bedroom and bath. It is so very kind of you to offer to check on the fabric! I have a couple of questions, would you care to email me at tinam61@yahoo.com? I've not had the greatest of luck emailing through gw. Again, thanks so much. I am inspired by your lovely bath and bedroom.

tina

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

lol, wish I'd learn a LOOOOONG time ago to trust what I know and ignore manly advise. Anything mechanical, I trust his opinion, artistic? Thanks, I'll do it my way, and if it doesn't work, I'll cheerfully do it over grateful for what I learned without insults!
    Both rooms are so lovely! That lucky little desk got the nicest home imaginable! Very Well Done!

• oceanna
    15 years ago

As someone with four tweeters and three woofers, I love your tweeter chandy!

I SO hear you on the grunts from the men folks. With the average man, a monotone "fine" means the same thing as "Oh my gosh that's divine! I love the color, it's so perfect and the style goes with your house just as if it were designed for it" from one of your girlfriends.